Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

3d Model Design Challenge - August - Still alive! - Post your Phone!

Guest robbie
this makes no sense...

why not design your own phone...or at least not choose the ugliest phone in the world.

confused.... this is a DESIGN website, not a monkey cad site...

If you'd read the title of the thread you'd see that it is a 3d model 'challenge', not a 'design a new phone' thread. Does it make more sense to you now?

post-4562-1155856476.jpg

Well, really it is a simple phone, but as a challenge it has it's tricks...

What do you think?

I know that having TIME to do this challenge, it's a challenge itself, but anyway, here we are if you need something to go ahead with your phone model...

(I was thinking not to do the decals for the buttons, - it's a little bit tedious- but let's see).

Ciao and...

GOOD MODELING !!

I suggest more than a modeling challenge. How about a modeling challenge where one can prove out the form of an existing form. Take that nokia form and turn it into 8 other forms in 8 hours. Call it an iteration model off

post-4562-1155956662.jpg

I finished friends !!

For me was a very nice modeling experience... I am always learning something new in these challenges.

Hope to see something from you.

Ciao and...

GOOD MODELING !!

Guest cooperkid

Nice render.. My only criticism would be the perspective viewpoint of both the phone and the coin... I guess you might have rendered the view as the screen view? Set up a camera view and render from this. Hope this make sense?

Good work otherwise.. Practice makes perfect.. :)

Cooperkid:

Thanks for the advice (I must confess that I never used the Camera before, but I am going to learn).

ciao

Guest cooperkid

With a camera view you can get a true perspective, your renderings have been done as isometrics perspectives.. Square appearance with no vanishing point.

I am guessing you know all about true perspective. Top railway sketch has a vanishing point (a point at which the lines would look at though they would eventually join together in the distance) with the isometric railway sketch the lines would never meet!

Also you will notice in the isometric view the chess peices remain the same size, not possible considering its further back on the board.

post-5030-1156340032.jpgtp.gif

Cooperkid

Thanks a lot Cooperkid:

I always use the settings for perspective in SW (3 or 2), but never used the camera... i am going to try.

ciao

Guest w i l l

I'd be interested to check out the different ways that you have modelled this phone... If anyone has a Solidworks file to download.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.