Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest javierllano

Javier Llano WEBSITE

Guest javierllano

I have changed all the web.

Please take a look, and comment. Constructive comments are specially welcome!!!

post-11-1103917156.jpg

Guest bart_schilder

You`ve got pretty good modelling&rendering skills. But I miss more hardcore-productdesign stuff, like sigoryx noted.

Guest javierllano

Yes that´s true. Some designs can´t be shown due to copyrights I don´t own, but anyway, I´ll upload new images soon. I´ve recently designed a 300 m2 stand for Argentina´s Airlines, and as soon as it might be constructed, images will be shown.

Thanks for your comments!! I learn a lot looking at others protfolios!!!

Guest Aphasia

I really like the style and themed coloures you have used throughout, the light brown cardboard colour looks really sweet :D

Guest Gauchito

Me gusta tu sitio.

Limpio. Facil de navegar. Y por sobre todo, resalta tus habilidades en el design.

Creo que tendras un gran futuro en este campo.

I'm editing this message since this forum is english.

The translation:

I like your site.

Clean. Easy to navigae. And over all, it highlights your abilities in design.

I believe that you will have a great future in this field.

hey now- there are users from every part of the world. Lets try and keep things simple with English :)

sweet Rolls concepts by the way. I love your different explorations. What are your techniques for going from rough sketches to more finished renders? Do you use CAID in anyway or do you stick to traditional techniques.

Guest javierllano

Hi Parel!

Well, I think I use many tricks to achieve nice results. For cars for example I just start with a pen or a pencil. I sketch until I feel comfortable with the proportions I´m looking for.

It´s important not to finish every sketch, specially if the perspective is wrong. It is better to make another one with the good ideas you liked in your unfinished sketches.

After all, you never know if the next idea will be better, so I try to make as many sketches as possible and then decide which I want to develop deeply.

If you have a very good idea and the sketch isn´t perfect you can modify it a little bit in PS with "edit->transform->distort" to get everything in its place.

A good trick when you have a packaging or a specific briefing for your design, is making a very rough model in Rhino or Max and print a few images with the most interesting views. Usually very forced views (don´t know if you can say this in English :)) are more difficult to draw so in case you want to make an impressing drawing this trick is interesting.

Look the example below.

As you can see it must be a very rough model, because in the sketching phase you must avoid restrictions (the proportions are enough).

After 3 or 4 sketches you will be able to make those views very quickly, and everything will be in its place and under the specifications.

You can then use markers or Photoshop to represent clearly volumes and surfaces.

At the end, when you have your design very clear you can go 3D modelling (Rhino, Max or whatever you use). But always when you have your design very clear. 3D is not God !!

post-639-1131018632.gif

post-639-1131018656.jpg