Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jm745

Sketches And Work

Real nice work on the last page. You've managed to take the simplest forms and make them look great. The people on here who keep asking for advice could learn a lot from your use of color, line weight, composition, and perspective. You BYU guys certainly know how to draw. :)

I know I worked with a few people from BYU ID on the GM/Pace project last year, although that project went to crap quickly.

Guest jm745

Thanks for the props Cyberdemon. That's cool you worked with some BYU kids last year!

Guest jm745

Here are some orthographic views of a shoe. To see the Alias model it's in the 3d forum.

post-6360-1156282091.jpg

Guest jcroberts

you've got a really nice style to you're work...

you certainly like to draw you're trainers :)

Guest Gauchito

I like your latest sketch page.

Nice line work and coloring.

Your junior class is quite talented.

Guest Auggie

I admire your style. How long do you think it has roughly taken you to reach this level?

Guest jm745

Thanks for the replies and props. It has been a long way for me to get where I am today and it is an even longer journey ahead to get better. I just started my junior yr this week and am looking foward to getting better this year with a lot of projects and new stuff! Here is a slice of some more sketches.

post-6360-1157692832.jpg

Guest snugja

@chrome: you should probably get your own thread to post images in as it seems rude to post it in someone else's without their permission. I suggest you remove the image so onle jm745's stuff is shown and he can maintain a more consisten theme or image to his post.

Guest mingmon86

jm 745 ...u hav wonderful and amazing sketches and development of sneakers there..im a footwear fanatic too when it comes to nike and adidas sneakers...or better known for sports footwear...jus curious..u actualli render it in photoshop ??...not hand render it ??/...looks real good...use to draw shoes in 3D drawings but always find it hard to get the strokes and perspective correctly....don mind sharing some tips desiging and sketching footwears...thanks in advance bro

Guest jm745

mingmon- Most of my footwear development is just paper and ballpoint pen. I rarely render them by hand but have from time to time. I have found that for footwear it is easier to throw on a texture and color in Photoshop. Once in a while I will use grey marker as well as seen in the little snip I posted last.

Guest jm745

Here is an example of a sandal that I rendered with marker for example..you can def tell the difference from this and the Photoshop.

post-6360-1157756470.jpg