Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kurushio

What Type Of Display Do You Use?

Guest Kurushio

First of all just want to apologise if this is in the wrong place, but after a browse through the forums I thought this would be a decent place for this to go. As I have seen various threads on the graphics cards used by many, its equally important (imo) to take a careful look at the display attached to the graphics card.

As the post title says, I am wondering what kind of displays everyone uses, their opinions on manfacturers, sizes of display areas and the several types of displays available on the market (CRTs, TFTs, Projectors?!)

Currently own ---> NEC 18.1" TFT (4 years old)

Going to replace it with (I think) the NEC LCD20WGX2, which is a 20" widescreen with this new Glossy coating. Just wondering if anyone owns one of these (if you do please put up your comments on it as I finding it hard to find a decent review online :) )

Displays are very important to anyone with a computer, especially for design and illustration. Would be cool to have a wee place to talk about it and dicuss...

Cheers

If you are looking for a TFT with color reproduction as good as possible look out for displays with (P)-MVA panel (with overdrive).

MVA panels have a better black and a more accurate color reproduction than S-IPS panels (like the 2007FWP Dell).

Cheap, but good examples for MVA displays are Belinea 102035W or ViewSonic VX2025wm.

I own a ViewSonic VX2025wm and I'm very content with it (especially if you have the low price in mind).

I only have experience with glossy coatings at notebook displays and I can only say that they are totally worthless as soon as you are working in an environment where you have windows or lights you can't control.

Guest Kurushio

Ahh the Viewsonic 2025wm was one of the options I had in mind for my new display. Went for the "ultra glossy" NEC instead, as it will be in a room where I can control the light levels etc (otherwise there goes about £400)

I plan on eventually getting one more 20" wide to partner the one I am getting currently.

Has anyone heard of any 3-D display systems (involving goggles or otherwise)? Would be interesting to see if anything comes up from that...

Cheers