Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Son

Industrial Design Portfolio

Guest Son

Hello all,

my first post here, what do you think of my portfolio?

My website isn't complete yet, but it will be soon.

Grtzz from Son

Guest Nathalie

Hi Son,

Nice but green. I think you should choose an other color, but that's up to you. It kinda hurts my eyes... :D

I like your SpongeBob project B)

Greetz

Guest --fff--

hey,

don't want to be rude but it looks like an engineering web site... Your visuals are not attractive and the layout looks like the first web pages in the 80's...

Keep going dude...

edit: ok you're just starting, it's good you will evolve :rolleyes:

Guest newt @ MWE

hey

i agree with fff a little. as a designer, your website should have some grab to it. also the buttons for contact, resume, links etc. should have some distinction from the project buttons. the button panel is a little busy and the eye has trouble picking what it wants to see. it may be good to organize them by genre as well. ie. product, automotive, cad, etc.

unless you want to be branded and only work with cad, you should add process to the projects. sketches research development models etc. if a potential employer only sees cad renderings and 3D models, you will get type cast as a cad monkey.

the descriptions of the projects should also ellude to why it is what it is. the why in industrial design is extremely important. does your solution have added features or benefits that make it an improvment over the existing? does the form carry a value? why did you come to that solution? it does not have to be blatent but the viewer should know the why.

i like the compact layout and and i think with a little refinement and clarity you can really have something nice. keep working at it and post the updates.

newt

Guest jariellin

hi, i really like the lay out, i think its very easy to navigate =)

but why just black and white i think colors will make it a lot more interesting!

btw, which software did u use to make this website?