Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

Bottle Challenge ! - How To Do This ?

I am not an expert in that, but to me, you have some pixels of some color that the mask did not recognize as transparent.

It is like if you selected some image with the "magic wand tool" (in Photoshop) to remove things around the letters, but the pixel tolerance was very big and the operation left unwanted color pixels around the letters.

If this was the case, try to adjust that setting.

Ciao

Guest triax

I thought this may have been the case early on as the image was from someone else, however this dose not appear to be the case.

I also imported the image into Flash 8 and traced the image. However I still came accross the problem.

When time allows I'll look into this and see what I can come up with, in the mean time if anyone has any other ideas they would bee very much appriciated.

Regards,

T.

Guest kaiza

triax have you tried using different masking methods like using a separate masking file or using alpha transparency in the file itself?

Guest triax

Hi kaiza,

Yeah thats exaclty what I have tried. I don't think solid/photoworks will recognise file types that support Alpha channels, I did look into this but I'm not 100% sure so will check in due course. Alais Image Studio on the otherhand does or so I'm lead to believe.

Thanks,

T.

Guest triax

Hello all,

Finally found out what I was doing wrong.

By default, I believe that in the Illuminations settings under Decals the specular is set to a value. Well this is what caused all my problems. I spent hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong but failed to take this into account.

Regards,

T.

Guest triax
Well, happy to see you solving your problems...

ciao

Oh, I generally do! although its always worth asking just in case your fighting a loosing battle as solidworks is still a tempremental programme so to speak and has several bug issues certainly on the modelling side.

Side Note.

SW2007 is allready failing on parts made in 2006, and if your have several thousand parts all construced in a certain manner then your in queere street.

Guest triax

Bottle pic,

Hello all, I have been trying to get an effective liquid rendering having said I had all worked out I'm still failing and wondered if any one had any ideas.

The picture basically has two models, the outer is a clear white poly and the inner model has liquid attached. I still can't get a good rendering. The image below is just a dummy round as an example to make it simple.

It's coming close but I'm still working on it but would appreciate any help any one can offer.

Regards,

post-6333-1155246043.jpg

Guest triax

Hi Ragde,

Thanks for the post.

Well its certainly well on the way to what I'm looking for but not really quite all there if you know what i mean. The reflections in the liquid are quite plane etc.

Looks as though you have used an etched glass texture and possibly an hdr environment although I could well be mistaken.

I really appriciate the effort and have attached something like what I looking for off the net. Notice the tube in the right bottle!

I'll be trying an idea tonight but have little time as I leave for a weeks holiday on saturday. I'll be in touch as soon as I'm back as I want to find a solution.

post-6333-1155305883.jpg

Ok. But I only used the normal resources of SW & PW. I did not use special enviroments. But now probably I will use something to reflect on...

ciao

Guest triax

Hello,

I have had a few attempts this morning but with no such luck.

I can render a clear poly quite succesfully on a clear background in PW but when I add a liquid inner piece i encounter difficulties. Can't get a nice colour'd liquid inside. Any ideas appriciated.

Renders below.

post-6333-1155397455.jpg

Guest Raja

post-6494-1155789284.jpghi,

here is some of my work. i am very poor at rendering. now learning ( thanks for regde) . I found a major difference in modelling technique which i was using for years. thats i use 95% solids and only 10% surface to complete the bottle model. any one interested to see any of the actual solidworks file , let me know. is their any better rendering technique with out doing shelling. ?

hi,

here is some of my work. i am very poor at rendering. now learning ( thanks for regde) . I found a major difference in modelling technique which i was using for years. thats i use 95% solids and only 10% surface to complete the bottle model. any one interested to see any of the actual solidworks file , let me know. is their any better rendering technique with out doing shelling. ?

next

post-6494-1155789616.jpg

post-6494-1155789630.jpg

post-6494-1155789647.jpg

Guest Raja

if some one can help for better rendering of the window cleaner bottle ( above image ) i was trying to render the reflection of the bottle in the mold cavity. ANY HELP? here is that model link..

Very nice models Raja!!

I saw that you are working in the bottle mold making bussines.

I must to confess that I am too...

Let's see yur model (I am going to open that today)

Ciao