This Is A Challenge!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cooperkid_*

Guest_cooperkid_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:20 PM

Hmmm how do you make this trendy for younger generation? think it worth a shot! gonna get my thinking cap on and brainstorm? happy drawing!!!

Here is my post at last..

been sketching ideas and now converted one of my ideas onto CorelDraw, see what you think..

My thoughts are along the lines of trendy sport canvas style bag that can be converted within no time to a pull along shopper. The bag would incorporate a couple of small wheels built into the base at one end.

enjoy.

Attached File  nik__e__shop.jpg   39.62KB   22 downloads

#2 Guest_cooperkid_*

Guest_cooperkid_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:00 PM

my new post :)

#3 Guest_snugja_*

Guest_snugja_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:07 PM

i like it. it would be nice to see some sketches however.

#4 Guest_ckb_*

Guest_ckb_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:58 AM

it is nice...
is that roller at the bottom?
it would be nicer if the roller can fold in...

#5 Guest_sal_*

Guest_sal_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:12 AM

cool idea! i agree that you should show some sketching now.

#6 Guest_cooperkid_*

Guest_cooperkid_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:15 AM

hi guys and girls,

you will have to bear with me... know that time is running out and I'd love the wacom tablet however I'm dealing with a few personal problems at the moment.

ckb.... my thought are that the wheels would be standard roller blade type wheels (like suitcases), roller would be too much i think? the wheels would be partially hidden with just enough clearance for the bag to roll…

will try and scan and sketch up some more soon..

catch you later

cooperkid

#7 Guest_Chrome_*

Guest_Chrome_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:54 PM

yeah man, Y like it!

#8 Guest_cooperkid_*

Guest_cooperkid_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:37 AM

Oh god! how badly do i need this tablet!!

will start posting up some of my sketches... won't be great - but it's the concept thats its all about!

concept - sports canvas style bag (converts from shoulder bag to pull along trolly)

How do you go about adding a splash of colour without a tablet... mouse is hard to control? any suggestions?

enjoy.. comments welcome..

cooperkid

Attached Files

#9 Guest_cooperkid_*

Guest_cooperkid_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:53 AM

concept II - sports style canvas bag

Attached Files

#10 Guest_jcroberts_*

Guest_jcroberts_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:10 PM

nice concept...although i think there are a few design issues that need to be considered.

how high is it going to be when in roller mode? will the material fold down without it looking bulky? is it quick&easy to fold back into a bag? is it adjustable for people? i.e. can a dwarf use the same bag as a giant (an extreme case but needs to be considered)..just a few questions which jumped into mind

but i do like the idea of added storage when needed. keep it up

#11 Guest_cooperkid_*

Guest_cooperkid_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

"nice concept...although i think there are a few design issues that need to be considered.

how high is it going to be when in roller mode? will the material fold down without it looking bulky? is it quick&easy to fold back into a bag? is it adjustable for people? i.e. can a dwarf use the same bag as a giant (an extreme case but needs to be considered)..just a few questions which jumped into mind

but i do like the idea of added storage when needed. keep it up"

Attached below is my (rather small) sports / weekend bag, it was from this, that I got my idea from..

I am neither a dwarf nor a gentle giant and therefore feel there is enough allowance for both parties concerned

(Photo) bag has a double zip strip in the middle to give the bag wider internal access, it is this that I am actually holding and notice the angle of the bag.. good ground clearance

Hope you'll agree I’ve already considered most of the issues concerned.

Material is light weight canvas style material and would only take up small proportion of the side once folded in.

Thanks for criticism.

Cooperkid.

Attached Files

#12 Guest_cooperkid_*

Guest_cooperkid_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:58 PM

Another idea... you Americans’ might relate to this more lol... it’s a concept for a saddle seat trolley that attaches to a pedal bike.

The wheels are sprung loaded so that when you apply weight (sitting) the trolley lowers so that the bottom rim is touching the ground effectively becoming a brake!

This concept came to me as an idea regarding meeting people in supermarkets, high street. The idea is you become more sociable, have a chat and take a seat.

Some reports suggest that people often find their future partners in supermarkets...

Attached Files

#13 Guest_cooperkid_*

Guest_cooperkid_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:44 AM

nearly there... not long to go...

wish i had started earlier.. just getting into the project...

Another idea, (for Student Use) trolley with compartments.. top is a drop down section (lift the lid and lower the bags)

the bottom is a drawer that can be used as a chiller - better insulation materials

the whole system works that you shop - go home and unpack - then during the course of the next few days use the drawer as a recycle bin (recycling cans and bottles) - then on your next trip to the shops, stop at the recycle bank and deposit the materials.. and off to the shop.

enjoy..

Attached Files

#14 Guest_cooperkid_*

Guest_cooperkid_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:08 AM

Taken a new direction, hope to post later today...
Looking at trolleys but also some other issues.. you will see what i mean when i post... don't think anyone has gone down this route... I'm quite excited but dissapointed that i've only just stumbled across this idea with no time to really develop!

Is the comp for best render presentation or best concept idea? feel that my finals will probably let me down in terms of presentation?

when is the deadline? 20th is Sunday - what time? i'm in the UK so this will be different to some of you is the US

well good luck everyone...

cooperkid

#15 Guest_design_addict84_*

Guest_design_addict84_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:51 PM

Hi CooperKid

Yeah, im abit confused about the deadline as well, but i think final post (correct me if i'm wrong) is today before mid-night. As the poll starts on Sunday.

Sounds exciting, cant wait for your final outcome, good luck!!

I'm still churning away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors:
Android Tablet
Designer Store