Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bowangkeo

my book

Guest Jno

Nice pics... maybe you should tell something about yourself too. It wasnt very clear to me what are you all about (what kind of design you prefer)...

JNo

Guest DrDaddio

bowkengkeo,

Interesting. The work brings up the questions in my mind: What is Product Design? What is art? Granted there's a gray area between Product Design and art but this looks like art to me-and some very interesting art.

In the sense of what I think of as Product Design I just don't see it in these pieces. If these were manufactured products the sales would be extremely low, if you got any at all. If they were sold in an art gallery, you'd sell some of the pieces.

Good work.

DrDaddio

Guest littlecog

I dissagree with DrDaddio. I see a lot of very radical and disruptive ideas that could be viewed as art or product design depending on your own personal perspective. I think its 'fresh'. I particularly like the Scrabble Tile Table and the Gasmask Bagpipes. I wish we could all be more creative in our work but we are more often than not contained, restrained and co-opted to the bottom line. I spend all day producing bicycles but I have a folder buried deep in a forgotten hard drive that contains abstract 3D forms. There are days when it all gets too much and I have to dig down and do some abstract tweaking just to remind myself that this business does sometimes require creativity.

Guest ScD

Your work has a very nice aesthetic to it bowangkeo. Your work has a nice conceptual strength to it too.

The Mona Lise chairs and scrabble table are interesting. Was the intention to play on people interpretatinos of bodies of work? It looks to me that the users can reassemble the elements you have provided them with to create new works. :)

The chess set is very cool. If only there was a way to tell which bat is which.

Do you come from a fine arts background? ;)

Guest bowangkeo

thanks for the nice comments everybody. I recently graduated SVA in 3d design. I'm not quite sure, but i guess my work borders on product design, industrial design, and display design, and fine arts. I'm caught in the middle and have no clue which way to go, let alone get a job. thanks again everybody

Bo