#1 waikit

waikit

Founder & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts
  • At:Philips Design Shanghai

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:08 PM

Post your questions about this Design Challenge here.

Attached Files

#2 Guest_R.B_*

Guest_R.B_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:46 AM

how polished do the designs have to be? Just graphical, or full on with finished 3D model/cad?

#3 Guest_goochipoop_*

Guest_goochipoop_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:27 AM

I have an urge to ask this... Can the winner for the Design Challenge #1 participate and win in the Design Challenge #2.

#4 Guest_visualact.com_*

Guest_visualact.com_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:01 AM

nice topic i am hardly will enter the challenge but where we can participate our design , witch page,witch link ?

#5 waikit

waikit

Founder & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:40 AM

how polished do the designs have to be? Just graphical, or full on with finished 3D model/cad?

It is completely up to you how far you want to go. A simple concept sketch can win against a fully 3d rendered cad model. Try to create the most interesting thread, that gains popularity among the members here. Remember, the judges are the members here who are going to vote at the end.

I have an urge to ask this... Can the winner for the Design Challenge #1 participate and win in the Design Challenge #2.

Yes, the winner of Design Challenge #1 can participate and win in the Design Challenge #2. I encourage everyone, who is planning to participate, to start as soon as possible, to get a head start ;)

nice topic i am hardly will enter the challenge but where we can participate our design , witch page,witch link ?

Just start your entry by posting a topic in this forum:
http://www.productde...hp?showforum=69

#6 Guest_Desostros_*

Guest_Desostros_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:37 AM

"Design a personal trolley for young people(18-35Y)"

The most important thing about an assignment is understanding it,so my question is :

Is the "personal" trolley something people can buy and go shopping with,or is it a redesign of the usual trolleys you can find in any supermarket?

Sorry for the stupid question,but i just want to be sure ^^
I'm entering by the way.

Thanks in advance,

-Deso

#7 waikit

waikit

Founder & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:42 AM

"Design a personal trolley for young people(18-35Y)"

The most important thing about an assignment is understanding it,so my question is :

Is the "personal" trolley something people can buy and go shopping with,or is it a redesign of the usual trolleys you can find in any supermarket?

Sorry for the stupid question,but i just want to be sure ^^
I'm entering by the way.

Thanks in advance,

-Deso

An example of a shopping trolley:

Attached File  trolley.jpg   25.9KB   13 downloads
Please do not design a shopping cart used in the supermarket!

We want you to design a shopping trolley that appeals the young people. You are free to redesign or design a complete new shopping trolley/unit concept.

Edited by waikit, 02 July 2006 - 09:37 AM.

#8 Guest_S_Kindler_*

Guest_S_Kindler_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:05 PM

"design a personal shopping trolley for young people" <- very good idea - i will participate definitely.

no questions so far ;)

#9 Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • At:Motorola Solutions

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:43 PM

Maybe I'll enter this time ;) Daddy needs a new tablet!

#10 Guest_Dre-Izle_*

Guest_Dre-Izle_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

I'm in... I thought of redsigning a shopping cart because i had trouble with the broken wheels at the store a week ago. Now i can do it for my portfolio but now I can even enter my design.

Count me in

#11 bowlofnoodle

bowlofnoodle

Top Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:33 AM

waikit, I think you should note in the brief that it is a personal trolley and not a shopping trolley. Add a picture aswell.

#12 Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:49 AM

Yeah. A little clarification might be good. I was confused as well till I saw the pictures, since hardly anyone in the US usually uses anything like that (you'd actually probably be forbidden from bringing a bag like that into the store a lot of times cause they'd think you were stealing stuff.

Heres another question with regards to this statement "Design anything that helps them transporting shopping goods from shopping places to home/office/etc.."

Not saying that it's the road I'd choose to go down, but in a way wouldn't your car trunk qualify as something that helps you transport shopping goods? Does that go too far into left field?

#13 waikit

waikit

Founder & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:47 AM

Heres another question with regards to this statement "Design anything that helps them transporting shopping goods from shopping places to home/office/etc.."

Not saying that it's the road I'd choose to go down, but in a way wouldn't your car trunk qualify as something that helps you transport shopping goods? Does that go too far into left field?

It should be a mobile unit that you can use on a pavement as well.

#14 Guest_khorram_*

Guest_khorram_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2006 - 03:07 PM

Is there any restrictions on software used to model and render the design? I have several choice of software from CAD, CAID or 3D graphics and animation one, can the design modeled by using more than one program?
And should the design be presented in usable CAD format (accurate modelling) or any form of represention in 3D would be acceptable?

#15 Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 04:43 PM

As was mentioned earlier, the key is to have a good design. You can use whatever software packages you choose, you do not need to have a fully accurate CAD file ready for rapid prototyping. Last contests winner was still only in sketch form.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors: