Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bizzo

Portfolio

Guest lufrbasketch

Its very good but I think you need to put in your CV there, just to clarify some more of your qualifications.

Nice renders though, you have some very good skills.

Guest Bizzo

ENGIO-- body spray and mp3 player are rendered in 3dsmax using brazil....thanks for looking!

Lufrbasketch-- you are right, it really does need to be in there. I am having a difficult time putting down on paper what i know how to do without it sounding like im bragging. I have many interests (as im sure you all do) and by no means am i a master of anything, i am more of a jack of all trades....ranging from electronics to computer programming to 3d modelling and rendering. These skills have helped me tremendously with product design and problem solving.

hmm maybe i just said it? ;)

thanks for the comments guys!

Bizzo

One way to make a cover letter less boastful sounding is to replace the "I"s with "you"s. See how many creative ways you can sell your client on your skills.

"I have many interests (as im sure you all do) and by no means am i a master of anything, i am more of a jack of all trades....ranging from electronics to computer programming to 3d modelling and rendering. These skills have helped me tremendously with product design and problem solving."

to

"You need designers that have a wide range of interest and expertise. "Insert Company here"/You can use my skills in electronics, 3D modeling and rendering to problem solve and design your "insert their product line"

Its all about getting the client/ employer to see why they should care about hiring you ie: What does the client get from his investment in you. It is a subtle shift, but it gets you clearly thinking about how to solve your clients staffing needs rather than your own unemployment problem ;)

Re: your portfolio. It is a good start. You have a lot of information-some good renderings, process and modeling shots in there. You have a good breadth of projects.

On the downside-It has a little bit of a power-point feeling to me. ALso never say whats wrong with a project unless you have solved that issue. Dont even bring up your opinion that the deoderant design doesnt looks like a shower-head.

Guest benko

some really nice stuff . nice rendering , your stle is a little bit too soft for me .. a little bit space age , but its a very good beginning , nice sketches too . good work

Guest Dre-Izle

I'm impressed how you present the work from sketches and ideations to finish render and modeling.

post-2519-1149208785.jpg