Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest newt @ MWE

Wipin' It Up

Guest newt @ MWE

Hello all

I am getting a bit of a late start on this, but still want to give it a shot. Sorry about that but I have been on vacation, much needed as I have just graduated from my Industrial Design schooling.

To start ,

Problem - I ve noticed while doing some spring cleaning that I required numerous tools to achieve the common goal. The problem was that either I didn't have all the tools, I just couldn't find them or I had to go searching for the proper tools when the job came up.

Idea - To offer an all in one cleaning kit (windows, dusting, scrubing, vacumming?, various other jobs). The kit will have a common handle and different cleaning heads. The heads will be organized at a common location (bucket, tool belt for batman style, wall mounted unit, back pack, ?). Not only will this organize everything, but will keep the cost down as only 1 handle is required and the handle does not need to be replaced when the cleaning matierial wears down.

Market - 25 - 40 males. Apartment or condo dwellers (small space where the compact nature is a plus). Professional. Single?

Requirments - I will need to narrow down (or expand) what cleaning attatchments I will incorporate into the system. As well, clearly define and choose a mechanism for the handle connector.

I am attatching a quick sketch of a proposed mechanism based on a disposable shaver connector.

I will be working away on this and providing sketches as they come.

Any questions or comments feel free.

Ill be talking to you

Mike Loveless

Guest newt @ MWE

And here is a second mechanism idea.

Simple trigger action. Spring loaded to lock the head into the handle.

Mike

What is the benefit of that detachable handle? Does it drive anything? If it's just for holding the product, why make it detachable? It may save some space, but it will make the overall object less sturdy and it will drive up production costs.