Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Astro Goggles

Goggle's Entry

Guest Astro Goggles

Hi all,

Heres my work in progress for the competition. Done a bit of brainstorming and some general pacing back and forth within my room - generated a few initial concepts. Some are a bit... well.... silly.

Still not sure which I will develope.

First post so hope this works:

Guest Astro Goggles

Heres the second batch of rough concepts:

I noticed after I produced the sketch for the Ghost buster vacuum that it is very similar to a concept generated by some japanese students. They made a device which is used to suck up invisible goblins. Its not intended for cleaning but rather as a game.

Could maybe abandon the backpack to avoid copying their idea and develope the "Ghost Duster" instead, along with a different product...

Heres the link to the goblin catcher: http://chihara.aist-nara.ac.jp/ivrc2005/0823-26a.html

Full marks for thinking outside the box with that Dog Chariot..what happens when u have a smaller dog like a terrior instead of a labrador?

Hehe, dont know if the RSPCA will be onto u

With your magnet window cleaner, how do you connect both sides to the glass at the same time? Do you need two people to do it?

Guest goochipoop

THe baby mop made me laugh. What a cruel world. Working when your born

Guest Rop

ahh...now i realy know that in the the future i will have one no three children and five dogs...thats good stuff...:)

Guest Astro Goggles

Hi, Thanks for the comments,

I hadn't seen the baby mop before, it's pretty clever in a daft way. hehe

The magnet cleaner is inspired by the cleaners you get for fish tanks. I thought it might be good for when you get bird droppings on your window and its going to be a few weeks till the window cleaner comes. I hate having to look at seagull poo every morning.

"With your magnet window cleaner, how do you connect both sides to the glass at the same time? Do you need two people to do it?" - Tim_meh

I was thinking the outside unit would be slim enough to slide under a partially open window and stuck to the outside glass. The inside unit would be held against the inside of the window to attract it. Problems may occur when it comes to removing it:

There may have to be a cord attached so it can be 'shunted' off the edge of the window without the risk of it falling off and injuring someone below! After which it can simply be pulled in under the window.

Might have to mock up some rough prototypes to test it properly.

"what happens when u have a smaller dog like a terrior instead of a labrador?" - Tim_meh

The mop could be downsized to suit them, I was hoping the harness could be made to attach to a standard dog collar. Unsure whether I should take it any further. I have a feeling a dog would just get tangled up in it before trying to eat it.

Could capture a few stray dogs to test it tho ....

Guest Astro Goggles

Thanks Tim_meh, glad you see the funny side of it!

Decided that I will develope the chariot after all. It'll be more fun to work on than the others and anyway I've got the rest of my life to work on serious projects.

Figure if I use rigid plastic tubing it will prevent the dog from eating it.

Gonna make a start on the a quick prototype, dont own a dog so may have to borrow the neighbours at some point, just hope they dont ask what for!

Will post some more sketches soon...

Guest Astro Goggles

Heres a quick sketch of the tubing developement, also looking at using a modified harness which already exists for guide dogs and huskies... the images are very low quality and better viewed from afar!

looked to address the issue Tim_meh pointed out earlier - "what happens when u have a smaller dog like a terrior instead of a labrador?"

Guest ..Pablonardo..

hehe Astro Goggles it`s imaginative idea, but I think that animal rights protectors, will sand you some mails withs threats:p:p

But I like:D

good luck:)

Guest S_Kindler

very cool idea - i first thought this is a joke ;)

Fortunately i have 2 dogs... right now they can do the work!

Guest Astro Goggles

Yes initially this was a joke, but then I decided just to run with it and not to take the competition too seriously.... It'll never be made... hopefully.

Hehe, appreciate your concern Pablonardo,

If the RSPCA come knocking i'll release the dogs...but with a spikey chariots to send them homeward.

Anyway, a dogs life is too easy!

Cheers

Guest Astro Goggles

Added some flexible tubing to keep the RSPCA happy...

Also jazzed it up with a novelty mop...

And finaly, considered some ways to clean those hard to reach places: