Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Questions & Answers

Guest goochipoop

Hellow. I'm just wondering is there a size requirement for the submited pieces? How would I submit a 14 by 17 piece besides taking a photograph of it?

Thank you.

There is no size requirement. But I recommend to post a size that is able to communicate the essential part of the image. Remember, the judges are the members here who are going to vote at the end. In general a resolution of 800x600 is a comfortable size for viewing here.

Keep the questions coming! And please don't hesitate to post your initial idea or thoughts. This challenge should be fun and relaxed.

Guest Robomod

Can we approach the project in any visual style as long as it gets presented online?

Yup- but you have to post WIPs(works in progress) as you go. Do whatever it takes to get the votes of your fellow members

Guest goochipoop

1.) The rate at which the product is developed is it up to us? Do we need a set number of stages the product undergoes before the final product?

2.) What criterias are being graded?

-Functionality

-Style

-Asthetic's

-Whether or not the product is in a set

stuff like that? ~

3.) Is there a specific section set aside for this competition?

1.) The rate at which the product is developed is it up to us? Do we need a set number of stages the product undergoes before the final product?

Yes, it is completely up to you how far you want to go. A concept sketch can win against a fully 3d rendered concept model.

2.) What criterias are being graded?

-Functionality

-Style

-Asthetic's

-Whether or not the product is in a set

stuff like that? ~

Like Parel said. Try to create the most interesting thread, that gains popularity among the members here. You need to design a set: 2 products that belongs together in a functionally or aesthetically way.

3.) Is there a specific section set aside for this competition?

Just start your entry by posting a topic in this forum:

http://www.productdesignforums.com/index.php?showforum=62

Guest newt @ MWE

Hey

This may sound like a novice computer user kind of question, but do I start a new topic for my wip thread? Will that enter me in the competition?

Any help?

Yes! Please start your topic as a Work In Progress thread to enter the the competition. I encourage everyone, who is planning to participate, to start as soon as possible, to get a head start :P

Guest S_Kindler

no threads until now? funny...

I will start this evening- and i will use my thread like a blog...so i post brainstormings, wips, renderings every day. stay tuned ;)

congratulations to the admins- very cool competition!

Simon

Guest ..Pablonardo..

HI I have question:)

can I show few types of the same product, for example in different colour or with different few elements.

I want to create all colection, can I?

Yeah you can if you want, but keep in mind that you need to have 2 different products as a result (so you must have 2 different products, and a couple of colour variations if you want).

Few types of the same product with different colors are not allowed, because it is still one product.

If you have an interesting reason for designing 2 products that differs in the amount of elements, then go ahead I would say.

Guest 阿cat (ahcat86)

just curious is waikit and renzsu participating in this comp? if so im gonna forfeit. XD

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.