Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TimHolley

Portfolio Website

Guest TimHolley

Updated 12.05.07.

New work. Sound on the buttons (what do you guys think?). CV & Portfolio downloads.

As always any advice or comments are greatly appreciated!

www.timholley.de

skip your first page i would say. i was hoping to get surprises when rolling over the squares, but not at all.

and remove those navigation rectangles (with the cut corner) that are not used. they are redundant.

Guest TimHolley

An update on my website: Portfolio 2007.

The site is geared towards helping me secure an internship for my 'year in industry' (industrial placement) next year. As always, any comments and questions are always welcome.

Hit this link;

www.timholley.de

Pretty nice. One thing I might suggest doing is showcasing at least 1 project's full development. I only saw 1 page of sketches and employers usually like seeing sketch pages that show the development of your idea. Shows how you arrived at your idea vs just deciding on something and making it.

Guest lufbrasketch

I must say, that site feels great to navigate round. Would be nice as Cyberdemon said, to get some more sketches in showing your thought process.

Guest TimHolley

Thanks for the comments.

Noted and changed; I've shown some development for the task light and cereal bowls.

Guest Mike_Palin

hey,

i really like it, very clean and easy to follow.

im in the process of developing my online portfolio, im actually doing it all in flash, then getting a html file.

one question to you and anyone else that can help... how to i get it up on the net? all i have done so far is use free web site building like geocites etc, and i just import my html codes...

this works ok, but it doesnt look professional having www.geocities.... i want somthing like www.michaelpalin.com or somthing.

can anyone help

Cheers Mick

btw this is my 1st post, i only just found the site, very good site, very helpful.

Guest Nathan

Kid's got skills! Very nice work Tim. I kind of agree on the navigation bit, perhaps making the mouseover movement quicker would give the same effect but without the 'heavy' feeling. I like the design of the galleries.

Mike: You might try starting another thread with your question but the quick answer is to search for domain names or hosting on Yahoo or Google. Or try www.networksolutions.com or www.godaddy.com for a few of the many people who can get you a domain up and running.

Guest TimHolley

Updated 12.05.07.

New work. Sound on the buttons (what do you guys think?). CV & Portfolio downloads.

As always any advice or comments are greatly appreciated!

www.timholley.de