Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest littlecog

Show us your wheels

Guest Dan

Hi everyone,

These are my wheels (only one of the 2 cars works though!). Both made by the small UK company Reliant, the sports car is a Scimitar SST (1.4 litre Ford engine - not very fast, but fun) and the 3-wheeler is a Regal 3/25 (600 cc Reliant engine - fun in a different way).

Maybe I'm a bit of a frustrated car designer. One day I'd really like to shake up the motor industry with a radical, sucessful vehicle.

Cheers

Dan

post-2-1099737685.jpg

Guest littlecog
These are my wheels (only one of the 2 cars works  though!). Both made by the small UK company Reliant, the sports car  is a Scimitar SST (1.4 litre Ford engine - not very fast, but fun) and the 3-wheeler is a Regal 3/25 (600 cc Reliant engine - fun in a different way).

Dan,

Fond memories! My Mother used to own a Reliant Regal. Kinda scary! I would consider it an English equivilent to the East German Trabant. Good thing is you can fix just about anything on it with a large hammer, a screwdriver and a peice of string.

Keep on trucking!

Guest Aphasia

The story of my first car...

Bought - £50

Driven around the field, great for hand brake turns

My bro drove it into a tree

Carried on driving until i could really drive

left in a field and rusted until the picture you see! :D

It got carted away earlier this year!!

Currently I own a Metro, not proud although it is a luxury model with a broken clutch :)

post-28-1104017191.jpg

Guest nonex.nl

Here are my wheels; bought the little mean machine two weeks ago. A little bit rusty, but only 39.000 miles on te clock after 15 years (1989): this was a forgotten car in a barn! Leather interior with a wooden steer.... and so incredebliy lovely to drive!

post-28-1104254416.jpg

Guest desagree
.... and so incredebliy lovely to drive!

yeah! that`s so true- it`s a class of its own! sounds like it`s worth to be restored-?

When i cannot sleep and need to get away from my computers i have a similar solution waiting in my garage: a 1974 FIAT 124 spider CS1 (it`s the "civilian" version of the CSA, "ill orange" with black engine hood and boot panel B) )

last ride in 1998 :) since then it has turned into a building lot but i can say that to me it is worth all the work! furthermore working on it is sth. like meditation/relaxing.

btw. it`s my personal dream car ;) (unmatched!)

Guest nonex.nl

The fun is: it doesn't need a restoration: it is actually oin such a good shape a few repairs of the bodywork are all that have to be done. A new door, new grille, remove some rust and weld some holes... than a new paint job and thats it. An engine which sounds perfect.....

The fun is: it doesn't need a restoration: it is actually oin such a good shape a few repairs of the bodywork are all that have to be done. A new door, new grille, remove some rust and weld some holes... than a new paint job and thats it. An engine which sounds perfect.....

you'll have to get some proper cooper rims though ;)

mini_classic_cooper_s_2000_01_s.jpg

Guest nonex.nl

@Renzsu: those are the rims which are first on my list...

plus a new grille, those four mistlamps, new wipers, new mirrors, new light caps, new logo on front (has been stolen), soms rust remover, one new door, probably an a-panel, new distributionbelt... did I forget something? New paint job in the end...

Oh, but no stripes: that is a real cooper thing and it is not a cooper, but a 1989 racing edition. It looks absolutely cool, the cooper stripes, but I alsways frown when people made their mini's in cooper look-a-likes, when their not. You can hear the difference (and feel the difference: coopers go 60 kmh faster... 190 km/h). But it is still a nice little monster, but until now in sheeps clothes... :)

True, it is like aveepee would slap some new M3 mirrors on his car, slap an M3 badge on the rear and buy some new rims.. wouldn't make sense. I prefer to see cars in their original shape (of course, a little tuning under the hood is all fine and dandy :) )

Aveepee, nice car you have there.. cool reflections in the ground btw :)

Guest Mark's

Nice rides guys, dose anyone know any good car sale sites (with in australia) which i can find some old school minis on? cos i really wanna do one up... by the way, nice find nonex.nl!

I'd try finding a mini owners club in your country, look at sites like autotrader , classic car mags, etc..

Guest Toyomojo

Cool rides ;)

Here's my wheels... a 93 Toyota Soarer 2.5GT-TWINTURBO L (JDM import), custom intake and exhaust, hi-flow CT12A turbos, lowered on Espelir springs, 18" ADR wheels and A'PEXi boost gauge... no cash for other mods hehehe... @#$@#$ student wages...

I love this car! Had it for the last 3 years.

Enjoy :)

post-28-1108973864.jpg