Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest littlecog

Show us your wheels

Guest acinonyx
this topic is fun really..this is my old car I loved it. the transmission failed so I had to part with it..the pic is on a speed bump actually a run of an experiment for a particular thesis. at the back you see a scene of METU in summer

Why didn't you just get a new transmission?

1st too much money but did buy the internal parts and did get around it with a technician

2nd I would not be able to risk long distance travel no matter how good I restore the transmission.

this topic is fun really..this is my old car I loved it. the transmission failed so I had to part with it..the pic is on a speed bump actually a run of an experiment for a particular thesis. at the back you see a scene of METU in summer

1st too much money but did buy the internal parts and did get around it with a technician

2nd I would not be able to risk long distance travel no matter how good I restore the transmission.

1. So you bought parts? What does "Did get around it with a technician" mean?

2. What are you talking about? If you replace a transmission it's replaced. My transmission on my blue car was replaced 130,000 miles ago. It's been fine for over a decade. On my black car the transmission has been fine for 97,000 miles, and 8 years.

Guest acinonyx

1. So you bought parts? What does "Did get around it with a technician" mean?

2. What are you talking about? If you replace a transmission it's replaced. My transmission on my blue car was replaced 130,000 miles ago. It's been fine for over a decade. On my black car the transmission has been fine for 97,000 miles, and 8 years.

we bought the needed original parts from the manufacturer via the service. But there are independent services which are operated by "qualified" or not :) technicians these guys are born in to the business really as child workers ..we call them "usta"..took the transmission out.. changed the internal parts and the damaged bearing cleaned it and put it back. rather than getting a brand new transmission or a used one we rebuilt the old one. its fine for now. but if the the transmission fails again a complete renewal is obligatory.

my car had some sort of a problem in its first year really . The cables from the clutch to the transmission failed one day. I asked how can this be. the service said there was no way, no milage could do that. in time up to the 85000 km around the transmission failed.Although having being completely replaced that year I think the problem orginated from these cables or the clutch.

Guest iliffe

Hi all, some great cars and bikes on here.

especially liking Renzu's beast :).

Still awaiting delivery on this badboy, should be here within the week. Cant wait!

1.9 turbo diesal,

105 bhp.

Brand new.

Woudn't of minded the GT version butt.... seing as though im still 17 the extra 35 bhp boosted the insurance sky high.

Here she is anyways.

Peace.

Snapshot_2008_03_05_20_38_46.tiff

Guest ZO::

An update with my last acquisition.. my Tigra... :lmao: a very rare car in Mexico, +/- 500 units were sold for one year only...

abr080075pb0.jpg

abr083yb9.jpg

Guest firecracker

Here you go!

All my "functional" bikes, got a couple skateboards too. Cant be bothered with motorised transport yet.

Oh, and black is certainly not - my favourite colour, some odd coincedence that all my bikes are black.

post-18349-1211053346.jpg

post-18349-1211053855.jpg

post-18349-1211053948.jpg

Those are cool...but I still don't understand them for the price. Why didn't you just get a motorcycle?

Over here you need a special license for motorcycles.. license requires lessons.. and lessons are really really really expensive. Expect to pay around 1200 euro's for a license + lessons + exam.

Then there is the cost of a proper motorcycle, insurance, speed (I'd just kill myself) and convenience (scooters are so much more practical for city use).

Yes, they are expensive, but if you just want cheap transport, there's plenty of other scooters (cheap aircooled 2-strokes for example). The Zoomer is a 4-valve fuel injected 4-stroke scooter, very good fuel economy and imho the only scooter that looks cool. It's a bit of a hobby project of mine, keeps me entertained ;) All hobbies cost way more money than can be justified rationally ;)

Guest firecracker
dang... what is that in the background? A hot tub? YEA!!!

its probably a wall ride.

been riding this most of this year...

Photo-0030.jpg

Guest nallen00

Meet "Pepin", my 2002 Electric Blue and White MINI Cooper S. These pics were taken during a dealer-sponsored track event with the MINI Car Club of Indiana...

Sig.png

post-13723-1233890612.jpg

post-13723-1233890619.jpg

post-13723-1233890625.jpg

post-13723-1233890749.jpg

Guest AutomóvilVerde

Dude that's awesome. I want a mini as my first car... are they reliable?

Dude that's awesome. I want a mini as my first car... are they reliable?

They have chrysler engines.

Well, I bit the bullet. Today I spent $7900 and purchased this:

IMG_4619.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_4621.jpg

One of only 300 imported. 1995 Audi S6 Avant, Emerald Green with Ecru leather interior. 20v Turbocharged 2.2 liter inline 5 cylinder, making 230hp with about 245 ft lbs of torque. Car has 101k miles, with fresh timing belt, rear calipers, e brake cables, valve cover gasket, and plug wires. Runs and drives like a new car, very tight, and the whole car is built like a bank vault.

Incidentally, I hated Audi until a few weeks ago when I drove an A6 of this generation. The thing just exudes a feeling of rigidity, and it is unmatched by newer generations. When Lexus, Acura, and Infinfiti started putting on the heat in mid 90s, german car makers started to cut corners and rush things into production, resulting in catastrophic reliability records of cars like the Audi A4 1.8T, and B5 A6. This generation, the C4, is based on the Audi 100, which was originally introduced in 1991.

Quattro AWD is standard, and automatic transmissions were not even offered for this generation of S car. 5 spd manual ONLY. I drove it about 400 miles today, from Minneapolis back to Milwaukee, and it is a dream. I adore this car, and I'm sure I will fall for it even harder as time goes on.