Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Sketch Challenge 07: Sunglasses

Guest desagree

@renzu: i like your powerful lines- looks like painted directly on a graphic tablet. the perspective is really dramatic and underlines th dynamic shape. it reminds me of "alpina" shades and somehow also oakley`s m-frame.

@AD: nice conceptional idea! This could be(come?) a really interesting interpretation of Diesel (maybe also Ray Ban)-

@Zampic: sketched. scanned. shopped. time: +- 35mins

@renzu: i like your powerful lines- looks like painted directly on a graphic tablet. the perspective is really dramatic and underlines th dynamic shape. it reminds me  of "alpina" shades and somehow also oakley`s m-frame.

Yeah, I did them directly in painter.. and to be honest, the dramatic views are just to hide the fact that my attempts at a normal perspective were really poor hehe. Extreme perspectives are nice for fast sketches where you don't wanna bother with correctly constructed perspectives I think.

Oh and btw, am I the only one who thinks shades and glasses in general are difficult to design? They are so depending on the face they're on, it's hard to design glasses without a face to put them on.

@desagree: I really like those twisting surfaces btw, I've seen them on some car rims and seats lately (citroen airdream interior, you should see that) and I think it looks very modern.

Guest yeddeync

I would agree that sunglasses are very difficult to design. Unlike most products though, sunglasses are mostly (not always) about styling. If you can sketch well, and visualize interesting shapes....translate that to paper...you can design some cool shades. Study human head? Practice basic sunglass shapes? And look for the cool perspective.

-ed

Guest joe row

here are a few sunglass designs i did back in secondary school in 2006

tell me what you think :)

the Zombie:

post-26754-1226271611.jpg

Pure:

post-26754-1226271824.jpg

My A.S. level project which i made

post-26754-1226272677.jpg

post-26754-1226272486.jpg

post-26754-1226272316.jpg

Guest Nick (Scots)

Cool work. I would be happy if my Higher Product Design pupils came up with that.

Nick

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.