Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Porro

Porro's Portfolio

EDIT: 15 April 2008

Hi all,

I thought i'll jump on the band wagon and show some of my graphics from my portfolio of past work. I've deleted some of my more crappy stuff from this thread and added some new work! LOL. Oh not all of it is mine, I worked with some pretty good designers, and they have been credited as an when.

I'm also located at Behance and Design Related. Please add me if you are also members?

Also: I'm currently working on my personal website/portfolio/portal and should be done in a bit. When i do, i'll update this thread with the link to my website. Meanwhile do check out my blog!

Industrial Design Work

Bauhaus Inspired Plasma TV | Red-Dot Design Award 2005

486103677_863b46f33d.jpg

Luxury Portable DVD player

486103053_4c51fe1817.jpg

Modular Series Home Entertainment Concept | Red-Dot Design Concept 2006

486065720_8d28daa46d.jpg

486065952_9e8ab3c2ce.jpg

486066260_760d3164f3.jpg

Next Generation Electrostatic Speakers | CES Innovation Honoree 2007, Good Design Award 2007, Featured in Wired Magazine.

486069002_6fd7d301e6.jpg

500648322_df5717b403.jpg

Experimental Design Work

Un-P3 Project Haptic Experiments in Fabbing | Exhibited Singapore Design Festival 2007

unp3-haptic.jpg

Haptic Concept

unp3-fabio2.jpg

Wave Concept

For more information check out this link.

iPoor Ipod Parody T-Shirt | Sold Out, Featured Engadget China, Sydney Morning Herald, Design Spotter.

ipoor_shop_final.jpg

Hi, wow thats a reddot design award winning product, I really like that concept. How did that idea came about? The last two ideas shows that a TV can be more than just a box.

Thanks Zampik! :)

@bowlofnoodle

There is more information and details on how i came up with the idea on my website. The last one from Hannspree has yet to be updated on my site, but it started from was what we thought was a crazy client brief. It was a very controlled design brief. The client gave us a list of themes to design a tv based on....the verdict on the sucess of the idea has yet to arise.

On the design I just wanted a clean and simple interface, so i can highlight the most important thing, the design work.

My main look was to make it very much like the way a child's story book goes. Big bright pictures, and very little text. Flip one page after the other.

I also went with non-of the flash nonsense. At the end of the day I'm a product designers not a website designer. (Actually i suck at website programming...:))

Guest Fran

Very intresting work man, and something innovative

Congratulations, and keep on!

OK I've also put together some of my old sketches from the past. I attempted to do a lot of design work by hand when i started out my career. I was focused at that time on improving my sketching work. I drew and re-drew everything by hand, without photocopying.

I guess my sketching style looks a little child like? I also like to draw in technical pens, as I was taught drafting in school. So its a thick marker and varying line widths.

PC Video to TV Converter. Designed like a little animal or pet. (1hr, redrawn perspective)

bat.jpg

Furniture designs I did about 9 years ago. A contemporary trained designer designing ethnic and old style furniture. Interesting experience, its like trying to design an old piece of furniture. Concepts were submitted directly to a crafts man to resolve. No details drawings required.

furniture.jpg

furniture2.jpg

furniture3.jpg

furniture4.jpg

I like to sketch my engineering detailing work as well. A Kiosk design i worked on about 7-8years ago. (5 mins)

kiosk.jpg

A Palmphone attachment to be snapped on the Palm V for a local company now closed.

palmphone.jpg

Some ODM switch concepts for a switch manufacturer in the UK. Done in 15mins.

switch.jpg

Comments?

Clean and elegant work! Fun indeed to see your stuff suddenly appear on other sites as well. It seems Gizmodo occasionally digs around on this site, I've seen them profile stuff that was posted here before.

How long have you been working as a designer?

Hi Renzsu,

Thanks for your feedback, and what you say is right! These guys hunt for news anywhere!

I've been a designer for 10 years, far too long! Please keep intouch.

Guest barefootcreative
On the design I just wanted a clean and simple interface, so i can highlight the most important thing, the design work.

My main look was to make it very much like the way a child's story book goes. Big bright pictures, and very little text. Flip one page after the other.

An excellent idea. something i shall be doing in the next iteration of my online portoflio...