Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest yeddeync

Gnomon DVD sketching and rendering tutorials

Well, Scott Robertson has great sketching dvd's, Feng Zhu as well (markers).. Ryan Church has some nice rendering dvd's as well (glossy/matte vehicles).

Guest Stewie

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere to buy the Gnomon Workshop DVD's in the UK? I was going to get the Scott Robertson Bicycle DVD, but when we looked at shipping to the UK it works out at over $110.00!! For a DVD!?!?!

I know that the information on there is valuable, but I feel that it is slightly taking the p*ss...

So does anyone know of a suitable outlet that charges slightly more realistic prices??

I don't mean to offend anyone with this post, but this is my opinion.

Thanks in advance,

Stewie.

I don't know about the shipping, but have you tried our online shop? See if that would make it cheaper. Could be though that shipping will still be quite expensive. Unfortunately, free shipping worldwide is not something we can offer.

Guest Stewie

Cheers Buddy - will do.

I certainly don't expect free shipping worldwide, but when the cost of shipping equals the cost of the item, therefore doubling its price I find it a bit extreme.

But I will make sure that I check out the online store here to see if it helps.

Cheers,

Stewie.

The only thing I could suggest is to buy multiple DVD's, have them sent to someone in the US, and have that person send it to you to avoid some of the more ridiculous customs and shipping fees.

Guest w i l l

yeh, I'm in the UK and I bought a few from the online store... from Hollywood. There wasn't anywhere cheaper in the UK that sold them (that I found). I wish I got them when I went to Hollywood.

Guest Popadom-Dave

try asking a local library to order a copy. you might get lucky!

PDave

There are tons of tutorials that are free. This site is an example of that. In the real world (not the internet world) peoples time costs money. The people doing the Gnomon tutorials are generally well respected professionals, who still need to get paid for their time. They're great DVD's and many of them are worth every penny. Our school bought them for the library at the request of one of the professors so in that case, they were all free.

Guest Lilith

i am facing the same problem - shipping to uk :P and our local art shop does not sell copic markers as they have magic markers monopoly, so its useless to mention them about ordering dvds ... there are Scott Robertson dvds at amazon.co.uk but even the used ones start from 130 $... :ermm:

i think this kind of stuff should just be available to download, pay the price and download ... :) what else is the internet for?

I know it's no substitute for the DVD, but you can check out a speeded up Harald Belkers Photoshop tutorial on youtube, 2hours into 9 minutes, although if you are familiar with photoshop you may still find it usefull.

Guest sketch

Great find Engio.

thanks for that.... i'm going to make endless searchs on youtube :P

i am facing the same problem - shipping to uk :) and our local art shop does not sell copic markers as they have magic markers monopoly

Magic Markers are quite popular in the UK - and they are used in professional studios, so don't be worried to using them.

Guest Lilith

thanks sketch yes magic markers are good i got a whole box of them for christmas :) but still like copics moreeee (got couple of copic wides for xmas as well and copic liners... and papers... and some ciaos and so on :):) hehe)

anddddd most importantly i got 2 Scott Robertsons :whoo: :whoo: !!! perspective and car drawings!!!! really cool, :whoo: going to put on ebay soon so let me know if anyone wants them! :)

Guest Lilith

i am done with Scott Robertson dvds 1 and 2, now going to do 3 and 4 :whoo:

if someone wants first 2, please let me know, as i am going to put them on ebay soon