Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest whitepawn

hola! check out my sedan sketch

Guest whitepawn

Heya all, im a newbie here, just wanna say i really like this forum, especially the weekly sketches. Im planning on participating soon ;) . But heres a start, a quick sedan sketch...

sedan1.th.jpg

ps- Im in first year ID @ OCAD

Heya, well the line quality isn't really a problem as it's a quick sketch (you can always use it as an underlay), but I think the perspective and especially the wheels need some attention. If you rotate the ellipses of your wheels maybe 20 degrees clockwise I think you're gonna have a better sketch.

The perspective itself is a bit weird as well, it seems you have a lot of diverging lines where you would want them to converge.

Make sure you participate in those weekly sketch sessions, we'll make sure that we pick subjects that are interesting for all..

Guest «AD»

Hi whitepawn!

Just one thing- the most has already been said:

The A-pillar mostly passes through the front wheel, so much for proportion.

Also, the car itself looks flat and wide- it's not a bad design, i.e. it's a good idea with nice elements, but you should work on technique :)

Maye flip the paper, look at the sketch from the other side and they're you'll see all the little mistakes you made- then: trace!

Guest whitepawn

I dig you guys... Now that i look at it, it does look flat and wide and misproportioned :) . Thanks a lot for ur comments.

Guest «AD»

it's great that you see your own mistakes, means you learned something, means you progressed :)