Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest C1Rob

Adesso Cybertablet 12000

Guest C1Rob

Hey, this is my first post here so let me introduce myself first:

Im Rob, dutch(but live in the USA until this summer when im moving back) im almost 16 and love cars.

Been drawing cars for over4 years but never really thought of designing till about 2 years ago.

Now for my question, is this any good? I mean, does it compare to the Wacom or is it just not worth it.

I can get it for a reasonable price so im just wondering cause i might get it for my birthday.

http://www.adesso.us/product_details.asp?d...ERTEABLET_12000

Thank you ;)

Guest menappi

its a knockoff aiptek, dont get it. i had one and although it worked well, the pen has a battery in it, whcih gives it a lot of weight.it also wasnt very ergonomic. just get a graphire off ebay. i picked one up brandnew for 80 bucks (6x8).

Guest C1Rob

Thanks, just saved me about $130, ill look around for something else than.

I saw that 6 X 8 is what most people use here?

and are there any other cheap alternatives to wacom? cause those are way to expensive for me ;)

just save some money until you are able to buy a wacom. i recommend an A4 size if your are going to sketch from blank. but if you are planning to digitally render/colour your scanned sketches, then an a6 wacom tablet is sufficient. i do my renderings with my a6 wacom graphire.

Guest C1Rob

Thanks, I think ill just talk to my dad when hes back and ill see what he thinks.

He somehow always finds ways to get the lowest price he can get...

Guest menappi

u can get a new graphire 3, 6x8 for 100 dollars roughly, and its wacom, so you know its good.

Guest C1Rob
u can get a new graphire 3, 6x8 for 100 dollars roughly, and its wacom, so you know its good.

everyone has been telling me that but the cheapest one i can find is $290 roughly (for a 6x8).

I talked to my teacher today and he has 3 macs(yes my school uses macs, shitty things...) in his class room, 2 with Wacom 4x5(i think, its 4x something) and i found those a little to small, he also has 1 big 12x9 wacom, to big. He says a 4x5 would be good though, and i can get one of those for around $100.

ahh I so cant wait till Friday(when my dad comes home from a bussiness trip).

Thanks alot for your help guys :)

oh and waikit, I might go to Delft when im done with my highschool studies :)

Guest menappi

im tellin u look on ebay. alot of people dont trust it, but if you check their feedback you should be good. they also have buyer protection, if you get ripped off they will refund you. anyways i got mine for 89 bucks off ebay, brand new, with 1 year warranty. the seller is constantly selling them, for similar price, check it out. i agree though, a 4x5 is small, you cant get the right movements, 6x8 is perfect though if u use a 17"-21" monitor in my eyes. as far as graphire and intuous goes, id reccomend a graphire if you are on a budget, you wont even notice a diff between that and the intuos.