Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Georgije

How do you design

Guest good luck

thanks renzu. so what if you were asked to redsign the water faucet. how would u respond to it?

faucet? hm.. well of course it depends on what the assignment and timespan are for the assignment.. I mean, it's not always possible to go wild on ideas when for example you only have a few days to come up with a design proposal.

Sometimes you have to be realistic and take the existing concept and try to improve over it or not. Good example being those mixed faucets where instead of a hot/cold valve you have a valve for the temperature and one for the amount of water.

Guest good luck

i see, that's helpful renzu. i'm actually doing the faucet as a school project, so i was just looking for some new inspiration. thanks for replying renzu. <_<

Ah.. well.. yeah, let's just say I hope I will have it done soon. I'm working on my paper portfolio now, which will basically be the same as the digital one. Page layout is something I don't enjoy though hehe..

Guest good luck

can i ask u one more thing renzu? when composing sketches on a page, do u have any tips on making a good composition? i'm trying to improve on that.

can i ask u one more thing renzu? when composing sketches on a page, do u have any tips on making a good composition? i'm trying to improve on that.

Well, make sure you don't sketch too small.. and it's good if you have sketches that are overlapping somewhat.

If you have every sketch the same size and on its own area on the paper, you have a boring looking sheet of sketches. If you vary the size depending on importance and overlap them a bit in areas that aren't very important, you'll end up with a much prettier page.