Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest littlecog

littlecog's old portfolio

Guest littlecog

My Webpage

Funny how when you get your first job the portfolio gets thrown in a corner and forgotten. I haven't viewed this site for almost two years. I would welcome any comments or suggestions as I may need to dust it off in the not too distant future.

I really like that tricycle man, I've seen other strange bikes like that, but those were a lot more a balance act than anything else, this looks like it could be actually fun.

Perhaps you can indeed update your portfolio to better reflect your current skillset.

Guest littlecog

The tricycle (flxycl= flex-see-cool) was a great idea but ultimately flawed. It functioned very well on a perfectly flat surface but as soon as the road started to undulate (the ways roads invariably do) it becames extremely unstable and dangerous. However I still consider the project a success because I was able to build a working protoype that proved the unworkability of the concept. Something that never would have happened had I built just a cool looking appearance model. It also reinforced the sheer elegant brilliance of a conventional bicycle where the functions of steering and balance are seperated in a very logical and intuitive way. The combination of the two functions in the flxycl made it unridable.