Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

Bottle Handle Curves- Need Help!

Hello guys:

I am almost new to Solidworks, but necesity got me going fast.

I need some help of somebody about THE TRANSITION CURVES that makes a lot of HANDLES in plastic bottles. Like these in this image. (I'm sorry but I dont know yet how to post images in this forum, so I attached the file)

THANKS A LOT for any suggestions.

Don't see an image. www.dimontegroup.com has tutorials, one shows how to do a typical laundry detergent bottle surfaced in SW along with other excellent strategies for modeling in SW.

thanks skinny, i'm going to check those tutorials.

Anyway, i'll try to put some images as soon as i learn to do that.

ciao

The dimonte tutorial is exactly what you need, goes through the whole bottle of that type. Actually more steps than I thought it would be. Basically, start with large surfaces first, then work to smaller, then do small detail radii/fillets last.

Guest rodanx86

A general strategy I use is to create sketches of the 3 views of the bottle at the top of your feature tree. Fully define all the relationships with constraints and dimensions. Then, as you build different features, copy parts of those initial sketches into new sketches. This way, if you need to change something, you just change the first sketches and the changes will cascade throughout your feature tree.

Also, you really only have to build have of the bottle or handle, then the last step is just to mirror it.

Hope this helps..

Guest IvanRD

Have a look at the attachment. I can send you the SW2005 file, but it's too large to upload here.

There is no trick or 'best way', you just have to get your head around modelling with surfaces and using solidworks functions.

post-2787-1143194033.jpg

Hi guys. Thanks you all for your kindly advices and replays.

Hi IvanRD. I am very impressed with your model. Can you send me the SW files to this address?:

e.gidoni@gmail.com

Thanks a LOT

Hey guys, look what I did. Thanks to you all. Specially to IvanRD, because I used his file to learn the way to do the handle.

post-4562-1143917756.jpg

Anyway I believe that with SW you have to be tricky because sometimes it does not works as you expect.

Thanks a lot. I,'ll be posting some special cases as this one. Some plastic bottles are very complex.

Ciao

Guest kaiza

looking good

make sure you turn on perspective when you make a screensjot - that last pic looks a little out of whack