Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
voodoo

Rendering Speed

Guest yoshi

CAN SOMEONES TELL ME WHATS DA BEST PROGRAM TO USE FOR MAKING ND DESDIGNING CARS ND OTHER STUFF LIKE FOR INDUSTRAL DESIGNING

DNT GET TO COMPLICATED im only 15 so0 yerrr

ty

oh yer nd for rendering??????????????/

Guest w i l l

Thats pretty funny.

Depends what you want to do. I wouldn't say any of them are really easy to learn.

Solidworks is one of the cheapest, but you personally might not be buying it at 15. Solidworks is good for more simple shapes and accurate engineering (not as easy to learn for quickly modelling complex shapes). For quickly modelling more complex shapes you might want to try using software like Alias or Rhino. Just have a look through the 3D section... most the more commonly used software will be mentioned there.

Guest nate

hey guys still reading reviews etc

alot of money when i have no job :(

1 x Thermaltake VB1430BWS Soprano Silver Middle Tower Case w/ Side Panel 430w PSU [$135.00]

1 x AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor [$455.00]

2 x Corsair 1GB [$250] DDR400

1 x ASUS A8N-E [$100]

1 x Western Digital Caviar 80G 8M (WD800JB) HDD [$80]

1 x LG 16X Dual Layer DVDRW lightscribe [$80]

1 x NVIDIA Geforce 6600 GT PCI-E 256MB Video Card [$180]

or Leadtek Quadro4 FX330 64Mb Low Profile Dual Display PCI-E $$ ??

all priced at the local computer fair $Au

anyone think of a better system on a tight budget $1500 au - different ram etc??

then i can start modelling that audi TT again :) - i feel odd without my computer :)

cheers

nate

Guest newkillerstar

Looks tough to beat in australia, nate. Tho don't for get the OS, unless you already have one.

Guest RobMay

Have you considered the new Intel dual core CPUs - much cheaper than the AMD 64 ones - don't know if they are 64bit though!?

Much cheaper is very subjective. If you take a look at current pricing in the US the AMD 4200+ performs nearly identical if not better than the Pentium D 950, and it is $300 cheaper.

Intel has several very cheap dual core CPU's out but the bang for the buck is really still questionable. Either way I can personally attest for the rendering prowess of the Athlon X2.

Nate: That system looks pretty good. Again, I would avoid the cheap Quadro cards. You are going to lose performance if you make that switch.

Guest RobMay
You are going to lose performance if you make that switch.

I would agree with that - especially a 64mb model like the 330.

1 x Thermaltake VB1430BWS Soprano Silver Middle Tower Case w/ Side Panel 430w PSU [$135.00]

You could probably get away with a cheaper case - shouldn't mean any less performance but will be louder!

1 x LG 16X Dual Layer DVDRW lightscribe [$80]

Don't bother with lightscribe dvd drive unless its absolutely essential - a normal drive should be a fair bit cheaper.

Guest nate

done getting it on the weekend :) - and yeah will stick with the 6600gt heard nothing but good things

should be $1000 au - after claiming tax etc

:)

thanks everyone for you help and views

hopfully it will produce some nice work - while i'm unemployed

cheers

nate