Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nate

Solidworks Car Modelling Wip

Guest nate

some are done with Photoworks, the one i just posted is done with Hypershot.

Photoworks takes a lot longer for less of a result.......... i think

Guest schwinndk

They look very nice.. Good job there... I still have my old Audi TT file, but haven´t done any more with it because of its humongous file size, witch gives problems when rendering in other programs. Will have to look into that Hypershot thing for sure....

Guest retrospec

That is amazing! how much time did you spend on that? I use Solidworks but i have no idea how to do a car, I'm thinking about learning rhino to do that or should I stick with Solidworks?

Guest designerxyz

hi , nate

realy audi tt work very nice, please this share model sw part , thanks now...:)))

Guest nate
That is amazing! how much time did you spend on that? I use Solidworks but i have no idea how to do a car, I'm thinking about learning rhino to do that or should I stick with Solidworks?

can't really remember, i did this model when i had no work on.

Guest nate
They look very nice.. Good job there... I still have my old Audi TT file, but haven´t done any more with it because of its humongous file size, witch gives problems when rendering in other programs. Will have to look into that Hypershot thing for sure....

i upgraded my computer so it could handle the file a bit better. Hypershot makes it to easy, which is the way it should be.

Guest schwinndk

Tried the hypershot trail witch I enjoyed a lot. It was just so simple and easy to use as you said. But somehow I always seem to end up going back to vray since it has the most possibilities.

post-2504-1241969071.jpg

post-2504-1241969285.jpg

Guest nate
Tried the hypershot trail witch I enjoyed a lot. It was just so simple and easy to use as you said. But somehow I always seem to end up going back to vray since it has the most possibilities.

Great job - nice to see the updates mate

i agree totally with this, hypershot isn't even in the same ball park to V-ray or maxwell etc. still have to get around to learning maxwell.

Fryrender, is a new render engine that might also be worth a look - looks like a cross between maxwell and Hypershot - unbiased + real time render - tho the plug-ins are limited.

Guest bagaudae

Greetz! great job, have been thinking about a project like this (and god knows my surfacing needs improvements), but i`m a bi chicken about it.... I guess i`ll have to try it some time.

sorry for the slight off topic, but does anyone knows were to find some blueprints of the interior of a car (the panel were the stirring wheel is)? which car isn't really important, an one will do.