Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest scary_fairy2001

3d Studio Max 7 Rendering

Guest scary_fairy2001

This has been modelled and rendered in 3d studio max 7 any comments would be kool

post-855-1142030820.jpg

Thats excellent. I especially like the way the liquid reacts with the glass. There are no sharp edges. Very natural.

As a person who would like to go into photorealistic rendering where is a good starting point ?

There is so much on the net regarding tutorials I'm just a little confused as where to start.

Guest Zampik

looks good.......seems to be blury a bit....and shadow under foot is strange....looks like the lower part of glass is in dived in the ground...

anyway good render...... what rendering engine did you use?

Guest scary_fairy2001

Hey!

Your quite probably right i did it really quicky as a test render at work this was just the last one cloning the glasses and there probably cutting into the ground plane looking back at it! its only rendered at about 800 by5 950 ish i cnt remember but it took around about 40 min usung V ray

Guest FergCu

hey, nice rendering - very nice... especially the clearish lip around the top of the wine itself (cant remember what thats called!). As zampik said, the foot is a bit odd... almost certainly looks like its cutting into the ground plane. Also, a minor point, but as a drinker of wine, i wouldnt go near that red! it looks like a very light/watery wine that went off a few weeks ago! It needs to be a slightly darker and richer colour, and looks a little cloudy. technical point, but its a necessary one in my opinion. although if im wrong, please do correct me!

ferg

Guest scary_fairy2001

Hey thanx for you comments!! im not a red wine drinker really but i see what u mean about the colour now! im wokring on a new render trying to correct some fo the inital porblems so will prob post some of the new ones up as there finished

:D

Guest scary_fairy2001
Thats excellent. I especially like the way the liquid reacts with the glass. There are no sharp edges. Very natural.

As a person who would like to go into photorealistic rendering where is a good starting point ?

There is so much on the net regarding tutorials I'm just a little confused as where to start.

Hey i started in Studio max 1stly with the defailt renderer using skylights with light tracer and bounces and just getting as much detail in to the materials as i could, then started using mental ray and Vray renders which were especially good for glass and glossy materials - i found lots of free interent tutorials are available and the Studio max bible was very useful!

I dnt really know if that is much help to you

Guest Bbarn

Wow that looks much better.

My question:

I currently use Rhino as my primary cad program. I want to get into more realistic rendering as well as learn 3dmax for myself. Did you make those glasses in 3dmax and render them, or did you import the glasses into 3dmax and jsut render them there?

Guest scary_fairy2001

The glasses and liquid in them were both built in stuido max as well as rendered - there simply revolved splines....

:)

Wow that looks much better.

My question:

I currently use Rhino as my primary cad program. I want to get into more realistic rendering as well as learn 3dmax for myself. Did you make those glasses in 3dmax and render them, or did you import the glasses into 3dmax and jsut render them there?

It's very easy to import your objects from Rhino into another program for rendering. Vray is very powerful once you take the time to learn your way around it. But the same can go for lots of programs.

The key for any rendering is finding a comprimise between render time, setup time, and end result. A render that takes 10 hrs to set up may not fit into your workflow as well as a program like Imagestudio where it would only take 30 minutes to setup.

Guest Simon_MrMac

Im new to renduring (and product design), and in order to acieve some OK-ish renders without dealing with hard learning curve of renduring - I kinda cheated and using Image Studio.

As you mention, it is quite quick to set-up, but I find (remember Im new to this, so might be doing something dumb) that takes AGES to render. Image attached (Im embarrassed to say it, took 5 hours!!!)

Is this a caracteristic problem with Image Studio, or am I really doing something wrong. Image size was 800x600 I think.

PS. Very impressed with your wine render! I have lots to learn!

post-5004-1146264120.jpg