Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest snugja

Snugja

Guest Jet Designs

Hey, could you give me some adive. I want to buy a graphics pad for doing sketching like your doing and generally playing around in photoshop and coreldraw etc. could you recomend me a graphic pad? i dont really want to spend too much, are any of the makes other than Wacom worth looking at? How much does the size of the pad make a difference? is it just in the accuracy?

thanks

Tablets aren't a cheap commodity. You can look into picking up an older used model but I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than 6x8". I would also be wary of non-Wacom brands. They're out there, but I haven't heard of many people using them with great success.

Likewise, a good tablet is an investment that should last you many years of work. IMO it's an essential tool for anyone whos serious about design and wants to do digital work.

Guest snugja

@ cyberdemon... it's for a GM project. I'm actually a product design student, but decided to try trans for a semester.

As for tablets, I'd say if you're going to spend 200 dollars on a cheaper on, spend the 300 or 400 to get the best. reason is, if you're going to be serious about drawing on it, then you might as well have tyhe best equipment. a tablet can last a while 4,5,6 or more years. think of it as an investment and go all out if u can. :-)

Thanks for the comments otherwise.

Guest john-john

Oh Man!! You really know how to draw everything !! you're killing me....I love that last marker sketches...

Guest snugja

mmmm not everything. I'm still working on how to draw people better. thanks for the compliment tho.

Guest jelleken

really hot hot hot work, stay drawing!!!!

i thinck we will hear about you once in the media...

grtz

jelleken

Guest john-john

ME as well i'm trying to do some characters..Did you see my sketches on my post "sketches and work" on the same thread?

I would apreciate your opinion on them!

Thanks man

Guest subvicto

i love your style and your work, but i wonder how do you start your perspective for those cars you did ?

do you start with the cube or just drop random lines?

and the fine airbrush you use in P, what opacity-pressure you use while doing the line work?

thanks a lot, that will be really helpfull

and a stupid question , how old are you? and how much time you spend sketching everyday?

thanks again