* * * * * 4 votes

Snugja

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_snugja_*

Guest_snugja_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:06 PM

Here are some things I have done on a tablet. merely excercises in learning technique, not so much on design.

#2 Guest_yo1_*

Guest_yo1_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:25 PM

Nice sketches, they have a good, hand done quality, not overtly gidi, esp the warm toned ones and the one with the diffused background.

#3 Guest_rodanx86_*

Guest_rodanx86_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:44 PM

Hey, some of those sketches actually look like they were done with markers a paper. Good work. I really need to save up and buy a wacom....

#4 Guest_menappi_*

Guest_menappi_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:06 AM

ya nice job, how long u been playing with the wacom for? also what program are you using? painter? one other question, are all the straight lines done by hand or do u use the line tool or something?

#5 Guest_snugja_*

Guest_snugja_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:10 AM

the hand mixer was without tools... the others i just used shift+click and messed with brush settings. i've been using it for sketching/rendering just this semester (since jan)

#6 miwt1

miwt1

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • At:Graphic and Product Designer

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:52 AM

great great great and i'll repeat great....brilliant sketches:)...how long do you have tablet?:)
Portfolio: tomaszmikrut.pl
Follow me: fanpage

#7 Guest_lufrbasketch_*

Guest_lufrbasketch_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:12 AM

What program did you use with the tablet?...alias sketchbook?

#8 Guest_snugja_*

Guest_snugja_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:45 PM

i use painter and photoshop.

#9 Guest_veloce_*

Guest_veloce_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:11 PM

Very nice work. I really like the style! JWC nice work also. you should start a thread too mate. Keep it up lads!

#10 Guest_snugja_*

Guest_snugja_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:38 PM

thanks. I'll be posting some more soon.

#11 Guest_A-train_*

Guest_A-train_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:11 PM

Very nice indeed. this is exactly the direction Product design is heading to, Wacom and Tablet sketching from the start. If I can be the bad ass in the pack. I would like to see some material use, with Wacom, you can very easily show if something is glossy or matt, and yours look somewhere in between. I can see that the chair is wood, the microwave is metal but he lunch box ? It says next to it that it is rubber but i doesnt really feel like it. and the other arrow says plastic, (shiny or matt)

Dont get me wrong, I would hire you on the spot to to some sketches for me, but I think that personal improvement is a never ending story.

A.

#12 Guest_snugja_*

Guest_snugja_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:28 PM

thanks, i do need to work on representing materials better. Thanks for noticing. if u have any tips or examples, let me know.

#13 skinny

skinny

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:51 AM

Really good skills on the tablet. Are you on a wacom or a tablet pc, if just a wacom, even more props. I'm still a bit of a mess. I find different programs give you different responses.

#14 Guest_snugja_*

Guest_snugja_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2006 - 05:04 AM

just wacom. I've been bouncing between photoshop, and painter. just learning alias now. using studiotools to sketch.

#15 Guest_snugja_*

Guest_snugja_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:32 AM

Ok... so this is my first semi decent car sketch ever, so go easy. did this one today using alias, painter and phtooshop. I'm not really interested in focusing on trans, but thought it would be fun to give it a shot... again, suggestions welcome...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors:
Android Tablet
Designer Store