Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest yeddeync

Questions for Renz/Waikit.

Guest yeddeync

Hey. some girl on Core77.com has a question about Delft University. Its under the Schools section.....and the topic should be in the Forum list. Maybe you guys could get a date. :D peace out.

-ed

Guest teReNCe~

Hi,

I'm an Industrial Design undergraduate from National University of Singapore and i just received confirmation from Ms Rose Bruins abt my successful application for a semester-long exchange at TU Delft for the coming semester (feb06-jul06).

Couple of queries. hope you guys will be able to help me out:

1. I would just like to enquire what exactly is the main CAD platform that Delft is employing cos my primary working platform is a Apple PowerbookG4 and i'm wondering if i shld just get a new PC laptop.

2. Is there like a free wireless broadband campus-wide or even in the Duwo housing so that exchange stidents like us are able to get access to the internet.

3. Any suggestions on what are the more intersting modules that are available for the IDE program?

That's all for now. Really grateful for your time to read this. Looking fwd to meeting you guys ad the rest of Delft in a couple of months time. Feel free to ask me anything if you wish to know more abt design in Singapore.

Cheers

Guest iffen
Hi,

I'm an Industrial Design undergraduate from National University of Singapore and i just received confirmation from Ms Rose Bruins abt my successful application for a semester-long exchange at TU Delft for the coming semester (feb06-jul06).

Couple of queries. hope you guys will be able to help me out:

1. I would just like to enquire what exactly is the main CAD platform that Delft is employing cos my primary working platform is a Apple PowerbookG4 and i'm wondering if i shld just get a new PC laptop.

2. Is there like a free wireless broadband campus-wide or even in the Duwo housing so that exchange stidents like us are able to get access to the internet.

3. Any suggestions on what are the more intersting modules that are available for the IDE program?

That's all for now. Really grateful for your time to read this. Looking fwd to meeting you guys ad the rest of Delft in a couple of months time. Feel free to ask me anything if you wish to know more abt design in Singapore.

Cheers

HI

I am trying to answer your questions.

1. We use windows xp here in the faculty. There are quite a lot computers in the computer room which are free to use for all students.

2. I think there are some areas covered by wireless network, but I dont know if it's fast enough. In Duwo housing, you could get internet access, which means u need a net cable to connect.

3.WHat do u mean by modules?

The main platform here is Solidworks, but there are plenty of workstations available where you can use that. Just avoid the crowded moments, when you're a bit early there's a good chance you can find a workstation free :)

Inside the faculty building there's wifi internet available, and the Duwo houses have internet as well.

Tough call, I'd say try the Vision in Product Design (VIP) elective, it's about design method. Not sure if it's being tought this semester...

Cya man, I'm not at the faculty much nowadays but there's plenty of people around :)