Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZO::

Pool Table / Thesis Projekt

My first post is about what you think of my thesis project in progress...still far from the end id like to know your comments...have to develop all the furniture for an entertainment saloon based on the design of the pool table...including game-table...chairs and lamps...the pic shows the pool table and game-table, modeled on SolidWorx and rendered on 3D Studio...still working on chairs and lamps...let me know your thoughts jejeje...plz...dont be cruel...is my first post jejeje

post-4687-1141011989.jpg

Guest meduzoid

:/ ... does has the legs of this tables any purpose? ... they look sooo complicated

Guest Arking

Im guessing that the table collapses in some way? for storage perhaps?

Those legs certainely looks like they are going to do something, although it could just be a very mechanical come space age aesthetic. Looks kinda like something out of a sci-fi show. Neat. Tell us a bit more about what makes this furniture special, as opposed to your run of the mill pooltable etc.

Rob

Guest ParaCAD

As goes the pool table, don’t believe I've seen any foldable/space saver tables. I'd be concerned with how level it would remain over the years. Nobody like an unlevel pool table. Unless its your table and you know how to play it. ;)

Thanx for your replies guys...ill try to make myself clear...my english skills arent good enough...sooo...

does has the legs of this tables any purpose?

Im guessing that the table collapses in some way? for storage perhaps?

yeap...the tables are foldable for storage and easy manipulation because the time that this places are open round here goes from 6 months to 1 year, then it goes to another place and so like that...kind of traveling fair...

I'd be concerned with how level it would remain over the years.

ill try to explain the leveling system...there are two pair of bottom legs...one pair of legs are connected by a steel cable that is rolled in a polley on both sides...by varying the length of the cable...the legs will close/open on its angle and you will have lots of heights (so theres no need to have tables of different heights) and also you can level by rolling the cable on one side or the other...clear? lol

Tell us a bit more about what makes this furniture special

That's THE question...!!! i dont know...joking...had anyone been aware of this tables design?? there is no "contemporary look"...since this tables (mostly) are made in a kind of art&craft (carved wooden-fancy-old timer look) way...this industrial-platform style is just another way to think of a pool table; so yeap...its all about aesthetics. There is no use of woods in here. Its foldable, what makes a little easier to move it (just a little because of the slate's weight).

Hope you understand my writing...and thanx again for taking some time reading this...