Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest abhinav

:: Portfolio ::

Guest aveepee

hi,

looks nice. You show the essential of the products, not your skills. That's important for every designer.

gr

f

Guest --fff--

Through the presentation i can guess your skills in 3D, sketching, explainations, and your way of thinking.

which is a good thing :D

Guest abhinav

Thank You for ur valuable feedback..

i'll take care of ur suggestions and keep updating the folio.

more critics r invited

Guest «AD»

Hi abhinav!

I really like your portfolio, great ideas, but I'd like to talk about those glasses....

Erm...I don't really like them- I see that you tried to do something new, something more comfortable, but I couldn't see myself walking around with those. I can't look at me as the person buying this product...

Whenever I design something, I would like it to look cool.

Coolness- that's what drives me.

Maybe because I am not, and my products are some kind of "prothesis" for being cool.

Coolness- right now to be cool means to look mean, take a look at the car's headlights, everything's going into the aggressive direction ( except beetle :D )

Now, those glasses of you are so different, they don't look the same as any other sunglasses- not as streamlined. With streamlined I mean, that basically any sunglasses share the same pattern, the glasses affixed to the bow on the edges, the most abstracted version of this "scheme" is Silhouette's "minimal art" collection:

Silhouette_8067.jpg

Now, that's exactly what I try to do whenever I design something, make it as simple as possible, abstracted, back to the absolut basics, simple, simple, simple.

Your glasses, they're everthing BUT simple: several side-pieces, and that's kinda strange.

Hm...Well, maybe I should try to go into this direction, too...