Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hemi427

Help Touch Twin Markers ?

Guest R.B
why dont u get some prismacolors? everyone keep stalkin about copic , pantone, etc. has anyone heard of prismacolor? inthe us its what i see a lot of people using. they are fairly cheap also.

There cheap, and also kack...tends to bleed when you mix up your colours when I played around with them...not bad if your only using a single colour, but I found them hard to go over spots to increase definition.

Guest sketch

What are your thoughts on Magic Markers? I'm new to marker rendering - usually use photoshop - and our uni are encouraged to buy Magic Markers Twin Tip - but I would prefer to use and practise with something that is more closley related to the Industrial or Product design Industry - by the looks of it, it seems prisma-colours are the way to go, but from the reviews they seem expensive, and dont last that long?!

For a starter kit, what colour set, make and how many would you recommend? I was thinking of getting Magic Makers the 12 set cool grey range for £50 from the uni.

Thoughts anyone?

Guest 00designer

Hi all. I've noticed that refuelled.com now sells the Copic Markers (at least the main twin marker and the Sketch range) - http://www.refuelled.com/copic-markers-c-43.html.

.. for all those people in the UK struggling to find them.

I still can't find the Magic Markers in the UK though. Currently working with a mix of the Copic, Touch Marker and good old Chartpak.

For a starter kit, what colour set, make and how many would you recommend? I was thinking of getting Magic Makers the 12 set cool grey range for £50 from the uni.

- Magic markers aren't that big any more. In industry, you'll most likely find they are using Letraset Tria or Copic Markers. They are all alcohol markers, so it's not a life changing leap, however, other markers are probably easier to come by. In London, for example, most of the graphics shops stock Tria and Copic. I don't know about the other brands.

Guest iliffe

Letraset ProMarkers :)

30 markers for 35 pound from my college course

would of been in excess of 100 pound...

Cant go wrong with them!!!