Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Renzsu

Doodles And Other Thingies

Guest sachin

Doodles of "Industrial Designer Sachin." I'm considering turning these into loose digital paintings. Its been a while since I've drawn people, so criticism is always welcome!

post-2023-1223408410.jpg

post-2023-1223408419.jpg

Guest restorator83

Hallo,

this is my first post in the forum. :)

@sachin: I think its a good one, but both are a little bit borring. They are "flabby". (Sorry for my bad english)

It´s like the diffrence between a banana and a sausage. I hope you understand.

At the second one you changed the shading (at the floor).

For every one who want to know whats the diffrence between both:

Draw it from your mind. ;)

Guest sachin
Hallo,

this is my first post in the forum. :)

@sachin: I think its a good one, but both are a little bit borring. They are "flabby". (Sorry for my bad english)

It´s like the diffrence between a banana and a sausage. I hope you understand.

At the second one you changed the shading (at the floor).

For every one who want to know whats the diffrence between both:

Draw it from your mind. ;)

Hmm...I think I'll try different views. Basically I wanted to sketch myself with my tools and in my work setting. Both were drawn from my mind and I wanted to be more illustrative.

I'm wondering if I should be less squiggly?

dino i really like these sketches, where are the chracters from??

I made them up for the most part, though you might be able to find similarities between this and other manga. (I'm a fan of manga style art-- perfect blend of cartoon anatomy and overly technical mechanical designs, i.e. GITS, Akira, Appleseed, Robotech, etc...

Guest joe row

great layout dinomeister... i really need to start sketching my objects closer together like in your last post...

would you be able to do a youtube tutorial on perspective and elipse drawing... i wanna post my portfolio up here soon and touching up my line work is one thing i wanna get sorted before i do

Guest Taro

hi , im wondering if you can just hand in alot of 8.1/2 x 11 paper as your sketchbook?

because i mostly sketch during class, and then continue them at home, and caring a sketchbook in school is a bit too much.

Guest Austin Brown
hi , im wondering if you can just hand in alot of 8.1/2 x 11 paper as your sketchbook?

because i mostly sketch during class, and then continue them at home, and caring a sketchbook in school is a bit too much.

I would recommend biting the bullet and carrying the sketchbook for a number of reasons.

-I regret that I rarely do, and I can never remember my ideas when I get home.

-It keeps everything in one place - forever

-the corners stay flat and the pages won't tear

-it makes you look like a designer

-it makes you act like a designer

-if you're sketching during class, then a sketchbook looks a lot more scholarly than doodling on a sheet of paper

-if you have the coolest sketchbook, you have the coolest sketchbook. if you have cool pages, you look disorganized

To be fair, it is a lot of hassle to carry a sketchbook around, but the benefits outweigh the hassle. And it's a good habit to be in. I'm glad I trained myself to do it.

Guest Taro

thx a lot Austin, I guess ill start using my sketchbook.

i just hate it when i draw something on it, and it looks like crap when i mess up, then i want to tear it apart. lol