Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jerebus67

67 Camaro Help

Guest jerebus67

am at wits end trying to decide what color to paint my 67 Camaro convert. I would love to see a photoshop rendering or something with some different colors on my car. I am leaning towards doing a lighter shade of Silver like a iridium silver. I have added a rear spoiler and a SS hood with the chrome 68-69 louvers. I purchased a stencil kit for a bumblebee stripe across the nose. I was going to do it in Viper red but it seems everyone has a red convertible out there. I want something more sleek and classy looking. You have any suggestions? I have about a week according to the guy working on my car to pick a color and wondered if you could give me a couple of ideas that you might have?? Can anyone help me for a small fee??

http://photobucket.com/albums/e143/jerebus67/?sc=1

There are some good pics of it on the second page.

You can photoshop it, but you're never going to really truly replicate the color in a computer.

Your best bet woud be to either look at colors other people used, or just pick a color you think you'd like.

One thing to consider which may or may not matter to you is original colors tend to fetch more value.

pg11.jpg

My friends dad has a 68 RS (restored as an SS) vert thats island teal with a white top and I'm not a huge fan of that color scheme.

Personally I like red, or maybe a dark maroon would be a little more subdued. The color is your choice, so it should speak to your personality. Since you've said you want something sleek I'm guessing no yellow, orange, or anything to extreme.

Heres a few quick photoshops.

camaro1.jpg

camaro2.jpg

camaro3.jpg

camaro4.jpg

If you have photoshop you can grab the PSD from http://www.wtlw.net/tmp/camaro.psd

Guest jerebus67

I kind of like that machine silver metallic from Chevy

or mercedes has a iridium silver that looks really cool

Guest leidefeldt

Cool photo editing. How is it made? With photoshop and saved selections? How to change colors and still remain shiny highlights? Maybe we can get a tutorial?

Theres a million tutorials on basic stuff like that floating around. Do some google searches and you'll find it, or just download the PSD I uploaded and look at how it was done.

For quick purposes all you really need to do is make a new layer over the paint, desaturate the original color so the body work just ends up as a grayscale, and then play with different colors, blending modes, and opacities to try and get a color you like. The highlights will stay the same if you do it right.

In hugos renderings it looks like he also put some extra time into keeping it so the reflection of the trees was a more natural color which I guess would apply to the more neutral silver colors, though a red car typically won't reflect green trees very much.

Guest jerebus67

How hard is it to put my wheels on this car. I am going to do the bumblebee stripe across the nose as well.

Thanks

post-4674-1140734880.jpg