Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Sketch Challenge 06: Jetski

Guest Xriry

No helpers or underlays, i just threw it down in painter. i sketched it out first to get the perspective close and then in another layer i sketched what lines i wanted. and then i did the color in a seperate layer.

Guest iddidy

Hey these painter sketches are really good! You guys have made me want to go out and get a tablet! I'm gonna throw away my markers for good!

other thant the tutorials on this site can anyone tell me if there are any painter tuts on the net, because I am completely new to it.

Or even make a beginers guide to rendering a product in painter with some in-between screen shots, and maybe add some tricks of the trade ect. that would be cool!

Thanks a bunch!

Guest Zampik

Hey really nice job waikit, nice clean shapes and rendering, we have to practice.

nice job

Guest Zampik

but I think that it's not for fast ride on the water, it has strange aerodinamical proportions. Slow ride fun?

Zampik > thanks for ur kind words. I was trying to create a low speed scooter for the water, something more friendly (low noise). Imagine a waterscooter in the canals of Amsterdam of Venice.

Guest Zampik

Waikit what kind of soft are u using Painter 7? or new one or forexample just sketchbook?

and what kind of brush?

I use painter 6 with the following tools:

- Airbrush 1.0 for quick sketching, setting up the shape

- Camel Airbrush for defining the shape (the thicker line)

- Watercolor for colorrendering

- Glow F/X for highlights and lighting effects

- Airbrush large size for darken volumes or shadows

Guest Crit7171

Posting cause I'm bored lol. honestly I was trying to come up with ideas for the design challenge #5 and got carried away on something that sort of looks like a jet ski loool

post-23418-1215065376.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.