Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Sketch Challenge 06: Jetski

This week we're hitting the water, jet powered style!

Show us some sketches of jetski's this week. For those who don't know these things, they're the nightmare of every swimmer/diver, but good fun nonetheless.

Try to come up with something fun!

I'm gonna cheat a bit here, 'this is one I made earlier':

jetski.jpg

I'll post a new one tomorrow, which will be all fineliner btw, since I don't have any other tools here at the moment.

Guest «AD»

hm, I like it, though it looks a bit ....comfortable ...lol

aren't you supposed to stand on those things?

hm, I like it, though it looks a bit ....comfortable ...lol

aren't you supposed to stand on those things?

you CAN stand on a jetski, the steering area can swivel up and down, but sitting on it is just as possible.. I think mainly racers stand on it so they can quickly change their point of gravity for those fast corners.

Guest «AD»

ah...okay, got it...

but then again- how do you think a racer will stand on your jetski- there doesn't seem to be much space...the windshield is so aerodynamic, that it might cover the steering ...wheel (?), when the racer tries to stand...

Now...I don't want to make your design look bad- it's just that I wanna state my thoughts...

Still, if this jetski is for relaxing ( paradoxon??), then this might be okay :D

btw, I still like the design B)

Guest aveepee

Hi,

keep the sessions simple.

try something like new cup of coffee... or all the things that you use everyday...

some thoughts

f

Hm, well we are trying to come up with things that are not too easy because there should be a little bit of a challenge in the drawing..

Maybe next time we'll go for something a bit less elaborate, but I think a jetski doesn't necessarily have to be very complex, it can be drawn in just a few lines for a side view for example..

Guest Random Designer

I think sketching sunglasses would be cool :D I'm still working on my shoe sketch! Bah. Work takes up too much time.

Zampik > good use of section lines! maybe add more gradients on the volumes for more perspective: for example, darker on the sides and lighter on the tops. i dont understand the black area, what is the purpose of it?

Guest Zampik

the black area is just for contrast between sketch and white "paper" just cheap effect, i don't know, sometime it looks good.....heheheh :D

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.