Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hugosilva

Vw Cuv Concept Render

Guest fblacka

very cool ... tablet or good old mouse? :( whats up with the farside front, headlights, wheels tho? i know its hard to translate the form to the farside, but ... the front and headlight are not that bad ... with some minor adjustments u can fix them imo tho the farside wheel needs some drastical changes ... but hey, overall its very nice and spectacular ... how much time? ... keep them coming :(

Guest hugosilva

yeah i use a wacom tablet,and the wheels are intended to be that way,its a sketch style very used by car designers to accentuate an suv style,to turn the look of the car bigger,and the wheels are to big cause it is an kind of off rod vehicle,thanks for the replys mates

Guest joeditt

Let me run the risk of getting slightly off-topic.

I also threw a glance at your profile. I love your avatar pic (currently, I'm into photos showing headlights turned on). Your Citroen still reminds of the C1, your (cute) Nissan looks like a Micra's cousin going Fiat 500. Your Macintosh stuff perfectly matches the corporate identity - if I could afford Apple, I'd long to purchase it - except for the (good-looking) table: i need my legs to be stretched out.

But this VW concept is a true stroke of genius: you manage to create new shapes that remind of classic Volkswagen lines - matching the original better than the New Beetle does. It's a superior example for how less can be more. The hubcaps being partly reverse-vaulted reminders of the classic Beetle's before the mid-60s, and the VW logo getting an extra 3D stage appearance by letting the tip of the also clearly beetle-inspired lid respectfully make room around the logo circle's upper half. Decent sort of an eyecatcher on a vehicle shaped :( aggressively sporty and elegantly alike.

I humbly bow before this distinguished ... insect.post-14793-1188026032.gif

Except ... I'd get the front wheels under fenders. Imagine bad weather.post-14793-1188027346.gifpost-14793-1188027302.gifpost-14793-1188027280.gif

Guest Miro

yea, i was wondering about those wheels too. Looks a lot more like a buggy or something with the wheels sticking out like that.

Looks real good though.

Guest snugja

allow me to interject before we get carried away here. it could be better yet . . . but nice attempt.

watch the wheel to the right also the rendering seems flat and a bit static. Some of the lines seem a little lazy. try adding some tension to them rather than having them too round. I appreciate the gesture to the bug, but that may be a bad thing for a CUV. try spending some time designing some rims rather than scooped discs. it'll make a world of difference. also, judging by ur value in the rendering, I'd suggest rendering in grayscale fist then adding some blues and warm colors to pop it out.

My advice is stick to sketching for a while longer and focus on designing better rather than the colors.

here's my take on it . . . i used the trackpad on my laptop so I didn't shetch over it . . .

redo1ma1.jpg

Guest joeditt

Right, snugja, that's what I didn't consider in my comment. Though today's "suv"s mainly roll over asphalt and their owners just are proud of their offroad-like, mighty look - and many of those vehicles might experience some damage when really driven over uneven grounds -, hubcaps of this sort can too easily collect scratches and dents. Perhaps this concept vehicle's master hugosilva will find a way to combine meeting the physical requirements and still achieving some make-specific reminiscence.

Um ... as I now feel a bit like a bumptious spectator holding up a burning ring, once more shouting "jump!", I must put on record I don't even dream of being entitled to strike such an attitude. Great work, and I'll just continue :) gawping.

Guest Camaro

Just gonna say, the foggy look to the background and bottom of the car is a really innovative and interesting way of dealing with the infamous "floating car" effect when the bottom of the wheels are drawn. In your sketch, it almost like they had a fog machine in the photography studio, and what is what is obscuring the bottom of the wheels.