#46 miwt1

miwt1

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • At:Graphic and Product Designer

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:47 PM

hehe..thx...yes...this clean background can cause situation like you said before...but i dont feel that...:) thanks for opinion:)
Portfolio: tomaszmikrut.pl
Follow me: fanpage

#47 miwt1

miwt1

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:58 PM

hi everybody...thats my new works...i would like to know yours opinions about this pics...will wait for advices and answers:)...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • At:Motorola Solutions

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:09 AM

Again, just awesome work. What kind of markers/paper do you use out of curiousity?

#49 Guest_snugja_*

Guest_snugja_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2006 - 01:06 AM

good stuff... amazing actually. you'll do well.

#50 miwt1

miwt1

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:46 AM

hi thanks for answer...and

Cyberdemon-i usually use a paper which has a 170 grams weight...and its slippery paper:)....tools-makrers letraset and pencil

snugja-thx:)

#51 Guest_leidefeldt_*

Guest_leidefeldt_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:00 PM

I thinck your sketching technique is very loose, free and confident.

One thing, why does the tires lean inwords?

#52 Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:06 PM

I think the tire leaning inwards, particularly on the sporty cars helps give them such a dynamic/low stance. I think the technique works pretty well, gives a really great sense of movement about it. esp with the loose marker work.

#53 Guest_starlion_*

Guest_starlion_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:09 PM

You have a very good sketch and a good sens of proportion . I prefer your pencil sketch than your pencil + marker ( but they are very good too ) because you create more contrast than your marker rendering. Maybe, if you try to have high contrast with marker , you could have better marker rendering.

nice works :D

#54 miwt1

miwt1

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:42 PM

thx for advices and criticsm...so tires i usually do very lean ..because its my habit...it aint natural but i like this...think that sketch must show main body and shapes of body...and this manner of show tires and rims causes that their are more dynamics imo...:)

#55 bowlofnoodle

bowlofnoodle

Top Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:55 AM

Hey miwt1,

Do you think a product that looks like a subject such as an animal will sell? I mean it has lots of meaning and relates to the user, but the subject might be targeting too much on the specific market, such as a car that looks like a cat is for female drivers and female drivers only. Why don't people design all products to look like some kind of animal?

Top notch on the drawings btw!

#56 miwt1

miwt1

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:59 AM

i dont know if i well understood everything..but this ideas are only part of my small process which called searching ideas...and i think that on this level when i do this concepts only for me and maybe in the future for school its not important thing for somobody is this car...now i fight with my imaginative only but i know that on the future for example in the school i will do projects relevant with specific part people...its quite possible exercise like that...and my answer to your last question is...i think that it could be reduce sales...we dont know how people will look on big changes in product like cars if all cars look like animals...but i know that its quite important to search ideas in vegetations and animalas...and a lot of people do this everyday...btw thx for suggestion and opinion mate:)

#57 Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:32 PM

Hey miwt1,

Do you think a product that looks like a subject such as an animal will sell? I mean it has lots of meaning and relates to the user, but the subject might be targeting too much on the specific market, such as a car that looks like a cat is for female drivers and female drivers only. Why don't people design all products to look like some kind of animal?

If you do research you'll find theres a HUGE amount of influence from animals, bugs, and other sources in product design. Theres a different between using something as an inspiration for a design, versus making something "kitsch". We had a few lectures and off my head I remember one specifically that was a dump truck that was designed after a lion. It didn't have eyeballs, fur, or whiskers, but you can see where the designer put the big broad black nose as the trucks grill, and used several other elements in an abstract way, which gave the truck a very strong/proud kind of stance to it. And in that context it makes complete sense.

A car that looks like a cat? What about Jaguars :) A cat doesn't have to be a cute and cuddly kitten, but used as sleek lines of a cat jumping (which is what Jaguar has done in their ad campaigns quite a bit).

Bottom line though, his sketching skill is better than most college graduates. You can worry about "what" you're designing once you get hired by BMW. Until then, being able to accurately produce complex forms in perspective and really emotional drawings is incredible for someone his age.

#58 Guest_ccc_*

Guest_ccc_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

Can you teach me to how draw?
I want to study, my draw badly.
Thank you.
If sometimes give me the mail
my Email:cuizhaohui1983@yahoo.com.cn
(sorry for my English)*-*

#59 bowlofnoodle

bowlofnoodle

Top Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:56 AM

I did a quick search for term 'kitsch'. It means the opposite to avant garde, which is the opposite of holistic thinking and how design should follows styles and traditions. I think if you do something that is too wild, people will think its too weird and they don't understand it. On the other hand if you do something that is common and similar to the existing, it lacks skill and creativity. Probably a true quality design is something that is new to world and also it should be something people will like.

#60 miwt1

miwt1

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:22 AM

its in 100% truth...agree with u...but think that very slow but market offer new products main for teenager...futurisitc shapes...solutions and i think that people are very slowly prepare to the future....awesome evidence for this is main latest 20 years...big changes in all areas of life:)...ofcourse are a lot enemy this situations but they are main ordinary people.

ccc-cant explain that...think that u must sit and draw draw and one more time draw...its the best possibility to learn draw and search ideas:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors:
Android Tablet
Designer Store