Product Design Forums
miwt1

My Car Design Sketches

Guest fblacka

really nice sketches i really like your style ... just one advice tho ... these styling elements - like big and negative camber wheels, forced proportions, wheels cut in half and sucha thingz - work with more like initial, thumb sketches wich are more lose and u dont have to pay attention really to the proportions, rubbers and such ... BUT, when u do such a detailed, smooth rendering like these last few pieces, maybe u gotta think if it is advantageous to use these styling elements ... at this point imo u should use some more realistic ground shadow - as mentioned before - and some background ... more details should mean more realistic proportions and overall presentment ... imo ... hope u understand me ... sorry for my english (im getting worse and worse as i dont use it too often :S)

Guest nacho_grande

miwt1, I bet you are going to achieve to be a automotive designer. These sketches are pretty solid for your age and education. Keep it up:)

Guest snugja

your stuff before seemed much more lively and exciting as far as the renderings go. maybe take a step back and try to capture some of that life in your new stuff.

Guest fblacka
your stuff before seemed much more lively and exciting as far as the renderings go. maybe take a step back and try to capture some of that life in your new stuff.

i must agree snug ... i also miss that something ... my fav of your sketches is that brown one ... and if i were u would go that way ...

hi thx everybody for advices i dont know why but first time i like my sketch and this is sketch up...maybe it caused his nice front smile heh;)..ofcourse i have trouble with add in interesting way colours but more important to me now is only idea and imagination because i got proposition and now i apply for internships in peugeot :)

wish me good luck:D

hi i dont have mind but for me back wheel is too strong in incorrect perspective:) but contrast looks better...

take care everybody and greetings from poland:)

Guest OMGLOLXD

great sketches ,i sketch alot to , but ..uhh.. can i ask how old you are or how long you're doing this? ...So i can compare with myself. ^^

OMGLOLXD-hm its difficult to compare i think but if you wanna know i have designed cars since 2,5 years in approach....

now im 21 years old

recently decidated to brag some my last work because im interested yours opinion about it....first some sketches derived from polish competition of next generation of opel astra and rest part of sketches are mainly random sketches for fun

hope will hear here critique and some advices byeeeeee! 8)

94356580ou3.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-19

93002405rc8.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-19

90137561us8.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-19

33059583db7.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-19

11wc4.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-19

99389388kl5.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-19

link straight to sketches from competition where you can read description of project (ofcourse in english because the jury were Kurt Beyer and Stephan Arndt from Russelsheim Opel design centre at Germany)...i managed to achieve second place at this contest.

http://www.mas.auto.pl/component/option,co...id,5/catid,824/

next part-random sketches

aadx2.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-19

bbkq3.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-19

ccke9.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-19

some sketches which i have done for polish competition of new vision of famous fomer polish car called " Syrenka"

link to car- http://www.syrena.nekla.pl/katal/gal69.php#window

my proposals of external design

ddty2.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-19

sssiu4.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-19

and last work for fun...i usually called it "story about me" but dont want explain why will be good if you read it from picture...ok thats all

700831gr6.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-19

greetings from poland dear members:D

Guest Spezz

Your sketches and renders look awesome, not much to critique there. Most of the designs are good too, good job!