Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest desagree

Ergonomics & Anthropometric Data

Guest desagree

Hi all! does anybody have some current/actual anthropometric lists? or links to related info? (i already asked uncle google...)

:)

Well, I'm not sure.. We've had quite a lot of that kind of info for some of our uni courses, but I think most of those were taken from military studies taken in the '60's.. therefor being outdated. I don't have my books here this week though, so I can't really check up on that now.

Guest feesta

I have previously looked for stuff online and found very little. I keep a copy of key pages of 'measure of man' by henry dreyfus for certain chair projects. the book is quite old but the info doesn't get outdated.

Guest desagree

thanks guys! I see that you are having the same difficulties to find related info...hmpf. well, thanks anyway!

Guest desagree
This Antropometrics site contains a lot of different sample groups. Might be interesting...

might be? bullseye! thank you very much! that was exactly what i was looking for!

:D

Guest mola667

i heard about the US navy has into his website the most complete data, relating even the lenght a human could see on the night and lots of things, but i was looking for it and i didnt found it.

Guest quirkybabe

I think Herman Miller do a bit on chair ergonomics and Henry Dreyfuss is the best for actual information though.

Guest sketch_render

Cheers Aphasia!

I had already found that website!!! Thanks though! By the way, if anyone cares I hired out from the library "the measure of man and woman" It is a very good book on this sort of thing. Sweet :)

Try your library and see if they have any of the books by Henry Dreyfuss. I know we had a set of sheets that you could spin to whatever height and get accurate measurements from just about any pose or position.

ergonomics4.gif

Guest Thathertz

which book is this table from ? ---- hehe trying to speed up my library assignment a bit.

Thanks

Guest rodanx86

So, a while ago, a link to Human Scales was posted. Does anyone have any more links or resources online regarding ergonomics, human factors, anthropometrics, and so on?

Just add the links to this thread, please. Thanks.