Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Penjeab

Toothbrush For Travellers

Guest Penjeab

Another new post,

This toothbrush is called +saycheese+ but my friend called it Toberone toothbrush. :( It's meant to be used by travellers. What do you think? :)

Jeab

post-2539-1138724796.jpg

post-2539-1138725142.jpg

Nice idea :) I think you could do something more with colour, it's so white yet you have all these parts to play with... The text has some relief now, for hygiene reasons I would try to make it a print and try to minimise some more the sharp angles found on the areas that slide in/out to prevent that white gunk from building up on the brush.

You should add even more modules to make it more interesting. What about a n interface on top so you can detach the brush and attach a razorblade? And perhaps a mirror on one side.

I sould also make a more ergonomic handgrip, but that would kinda ruin your modern design :)

Nice work. A graduate friend of mine did a toothbrush as well that had the same design (compartments for each piece). Maybe you can utilise graphics (using illustrator) like she did on her design and break up each component (like the head and give it a colour on its back in patches or something).

How is the toothpaste held in the bottom compartment?

Goodwork and keep it up!

Guest Penjeab

Renzu: Yes. I've other color combinations as well but it just took too long to render, and the result is not at all impressive, as you see. About the text, i made it that way coz i want to ensure a firm grip while you r trying to pull off these parts.

I don't quite like prints myself but i agree that a print may be better if you want to keep it clean. Well, about the sharp angles, I will see what i can do to modify them. :)

engio: Yes, I'm thinking about adding more modules myself to give more flexibility to my design. At first, I tried adding a "gum" part to it, as you see in the pic, but a razorblade and a mirror are good idea! Thanks for the suggestion :).

About the ergo handgrip, well, i will see if i can do that with my next project ;). I'm quite sure it will turn out very different.

Tim_meh: I will try to make my design more colorful coz it's just too white. At first, I just thought that the white color would give u the feeling of cleanliness.(...too clean probably) And, yeah, some illustrator and photoshop work might help. A small toothpaste lies inside the bottom part. (see the blue and red ones)

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, everyone. ;)

post-2539-1138879076.jpg

post-2539-1138879621.jpg

Guest unni

i was thinking maybe tht these parts needt actually come out(or be dismantled)..it could just swivel out. but one problem that will be faced will be collection of water or the paste inside these containers tht swivel out. just a thought,maybe if refined, the swivel thing might work..the plus points is tht u will always have all the parts together and they would never fall out or anything.so u always have a ready to take kind of a kit.

but really nice concept!really liked it!

I think the concept is good although how do the joints work? Right now it seems like they're just friction joints and the triangle shape probably would have a difficult time staying together when its undergoing the up/down load from brushing.