Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RealCOmos

Ziggy And Zaggy

Guest RealCOmos

Hi there,

in the second year of my activitiy I launched two new products, Ziggy and Zaggy. As a result of the good feedback I've got from my last year posting about Walker - the walking lamp I wanted to get again some feedback from you. I will include some pictures and the description.

foto0858.jpg

Ziggy is the buddy of Zaggy. It is a couch table chair who is big in design, despite he’s only 8 inch tall. Ziggy represents not only a new form, but also a new way of sitting. The trapezoid design combined with sharply bounded lines gives him a dynamic, which let other seats go green with envy. And even more will the couch, when it discovers that Ziggy is not only good for sitting on it. Discover for example how pleasant it could be to eat in front of your television, when you combine Ziggy with Zaggy.

Material : made completely of 3 cm Beech Multiplex, waxed, other woods on request

Measures (WxHxT in inch) : 20 x 8 x 8

foto0858_sitting.jpg

This foto above shows you the way you sit on Ziggy, It's very comfortable and keeps your back straight.

foto0823.jpg

Zaggy is Ziggy’s best friend. Zaggy acts a litlle coy, but believe me, it’s just because of it’s knock-knees. But exactly these give him his character and make him charming in a irresistible way. His design gives him lightness, elegance and a robust functionality which will not only be appreciated by the couch table chair Ziggy. Also aesthetes who are looking for wilful characters and unconventional vitality will enjoy him.

Material : made completely of 3 cm Beech Multiplex, waxed, other wood on request

Measures (WxHxT in inch) : 28 x 18 x 56 (other measures on request)

foto0841.jpg

This picture shows them together.

If you want to see more pictures visit my site at

Frankie's Design Workshop

PS: If you have a callibrated monitor you can see the actual wood colour - on all other monitors the colour might be not right.

Looks very nice, but I share the concerns parel has.. I wonder how much weight it can hold.

Nice idea about the posture though, reminds me a bit of the way you sit on the ground around a table in japan. This is perhaps a bit more easy on the joints for people who aren't used to that.

Guest yip

I like the design. reveloution of the zig-zag chair (forgot whos that designer). Its simple. crips and it fits well with other contempory furnitures.

Tell me if I'm wrong. The joint must be screwed in before the last lamination. If you look close, there is spots on the hindges. It cant be biscuit joint.. If so, it might manage to holded a 40 odd kG person, but it won't hold long from my assumption.

Might do. I dont know, unless its been tested out.

Anyway, very innovative and simple design. Good work.

Steve.

Guest Marra

On the surface this design 'looks' very good but I have a number of worries.

As people have already mentioned, the joints do indeed look like they would buckle under large weights or maybe a shock impact? Has this been tested thoroughly?

From the illustration it looks like the persons behind doesnt even fit on the stool/seat? What specifically is the width of the bench for the user to sit on, considering the back end is not open due to the slight back end on it.

On the flipside, the table looks very good and its slight angles mean that any stress exerted on it shouldnt be such a huge issue.

I really think the stools needed a re-evaluation though.

The guy who originally designed the zig-zag chair was Gerrit Rietveld from the design school De Stijl (The Style) and this stool is very much a regurgitated version of that chair.

Guest RealCOmos

Hi,

thanks for the replies. First of all it is true that Ziggy is inspired by Zig-Zag of Gerrit Rietveld and by the japan style of sitting - so you can say Europe meets Japan. To answer the other concerns:

- The chair is 20" wide (50 cm) so everyone fits nicely on it and the little back gives you the right feeling that you won't slip from the chair.

- The joinst are glued and screwed together until the glue is dry. Thereafter the screwes are exchanged with glued wood pins

- We tested the chair with a weight of over 120 kg and the table will hold easyly over 60 kg.

- We exposed the chair at the imm in cologne and had good response for the posture even from people with problems on their knees. A tester of TÃœV Reinland wich tests office equipment on ergonomic issues (like if the furniture is back friendly etc.) has tested the chair and he enjoyed it very much. In fact we are going to let the chair certificate to dissolve all concerns.

If you have more questions I will sure try to answer them :-)

Cu

Frank

Guest Sved

I like the genral form of the products, but it doesn't seem to have enough space for the knees of 2 people side to side in front of the table ... same thing face to face.

I would say that the two products are good separately, but together they look like uncomfortable.

My main doubt is about sitting in front of the table in the position shown above.

Just an opinon, tough.

Guest zoi

hey the form looks nice, but i share the doubts as others....

it would be good if u give a schematic sketch of proportons of the table, chair and a human together, because if the depth of chair is enough then the table seems to be huge to me.

maybe the doubt arises because of ur sketch of the man sitting on it.

Guest zhe

I would like share my opinion, It really gave me a "WOW!" view firstly.

It has a attractive form, and very "clear" expression.

But after a while, I, as a consumer, don't consider to buy it.

Because of the form, it has such very sharp corners that can be very dangerous to people.

Again, I like the clear expression and form, It looks like very professional! :D

Guest Jooshoo

hi just a thought, but shouldn't the table have been tested with a greater weight? If the users are anything like me they will pile their sketch book/ work /books etc on the table and often sit/perch on it as well. That could be very heavy!

like the design though!

peace

:)