Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest yo1

How To Choose An Appropriate Perspective:

Guest NoClue

Okay I just wanted to open a new topic about something similar. But now I just ask my question in your topic. I hope you don't mind. I understand what you layed out in your tutorial but where would be the vanishing points (and how many) if the box of cigarettes would be rotated/tilted around the x and y axis.

Kinda like a thrown dice hitting the ground with only one corner. Until now I have not found a single book/tutorial that deals with that kind of perspective. What is this, 3-point perspective??

Can somebody help???

And btw, nice website yo1

noClue

Guest Rop

...here you can see it...3 p-p means, that you have additional to the both side-points (F1,F2) a third vertical point (F3), which defines this third perspective ... i hope you understand my german english :(

rop

Guest NoClue

As a german I have no problem understanding your german english.

Thanks for you quick help, but that is not what I meant, I know what a 3p perspective is, I wanted to know how to set up the vanishing points for a box that is sitting on one of its corners. Any help??

I try to find a image of what I mean.

NoClue

Guest NoClue

But i also have a question regarding yo1's sketch.

I have drawn in a bit to show you what I mean.

The blue lines go to the vanihing point of the transparent cube right? But how are the other points set up (green circles), so that the lines are still in 90degree to each other? Because most of the time I end up with something like the green shape I have drawn in. Thanks for your help.

NoCLue

http://x4.putfile.com/1/2307044750.jpg

Edited by NoClue

Guest yo1

They shouldn't be 90 degrees to one another. Look at the surrounding rectangle in perspective. Those are not 90 degrees to one another either.

Perspective is a way of seeing and communicating. Like anything you can do it by the book, and have it still not look right, and you can take liberties (like visual slang) and have it look great. It sounds like you are over analyzing, which can hold you back.... I know your German, but "let go Luke, let your feelings flow" as Obewon would say.

As far as the cube: Something like this, not perfect, but you get the idea.

post-440-1138117170.jpg

Guest NoClue

yo1, your last picture does not work.

And the overanalyzing thing. I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Normally i don't do this, but from time to time I get these kind of "attacks" haha.

NoClue