Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest zarniko

Zarni Ko's Portfolio

Guest newkillerstar

I'm more than happy to give feedback - how do you want it? Full throttle, or sugar coated?

and FYI, I visited a transportation design class at a very well known design school here in the US. Got to watch a kid get absolutely reamed by his professor for not knowing the angle of a surface on his scale model. Fun stuff. So I admire your courage.

Guest aqua

hey nice portfolio geez, youve break the sequence of cars and introduced some quality photograph and some product rendering, which is really good. your presentation are really good.

i wish you all the best.

Guest redoxyn

check your spelling and grammar.

whats in the portfolio cd? just full resolution version, CAD files, and videos?

also, putting most of your work in a cd might be a good idea for companies, but might not be so good for schools.

i would suggest more ideation sketches and more original design work.

here's the big question:

which schools are you trying to transfer to?

Guest newkillerstar
newkillerstar.....giv me a fullthrottle feedback.............giv me every lil detail of how u dispise of favor my work....:( thanks alot......

Thats my boy.

didn't like the toy at first, but its growing on me. its a fun form and the paint looks nice

002-005

its great to see the sketches - thank you. they're a bit scrubby tho and lack extreme values. Not crazy about pecil at the moment also. Would like to see in a different medium - felt-tip, light marker for shading. Also its great that you show dimensions on some views, but I can't read any of them.

006-009

remeber you said full-throttle...

could this be more banal? maybe I'm not fully grasping this concept, but it looks like its been engineered to death. Process, views, explanation, is great - hate the product tho. I pitty the poor fool who puts this thing in his pocket - ouch! those corners are sharp. great to see an exploded view (008), tho its a bit hard to read, needs some lines to indicate how it goes together.

its good to show variety - this is good, but not great. I understand that this may have been what your client wanted, but its not very exciting. Not sure if its the perspective, background or what, but it just ain't happenin' yet.

fun table - nice and simple. May be good to suggest some materials or processes in the text.

012-013, 015

don't know about auto design schools - but i don't really give a crap about photography in a portfolio, unless its photos of your designs... Show me something innovative, show me that you can think - more stuff like the table.

I know absolutely zero about alias sketchbook pro2.0, that being said - I couldn't hate this drawing more. I don't believe this truely shows off your skills. If you want to keep it, then work on it.

much better than 014

017-020

finally we get to the meat of it. these are cool, esp like 017 and 020. The new versions are great. definately an improvement.

The sketch page you added is great. I'd rather see 10 pages of this than all the vodka bottle portraits in the world.

Good work, and always put your best foot forward

cheers

Guest merdoc

Hey Zarniko! i go to ccs, and am in the product design curriculum. I agree with everything killerstar has said, and can only add that while your current portfolio will probably get you into ccs, as it is right now, i doubt you will be accepted in to the trans program. I've seen some really talented kids not get accepted, and then they either change schools, or get lumped into product design, without any real interest in product design. Keep at it, though. I don't know how soon you will be planning to attend, but if you work hard at your sketch quality (manual, not digital) you could have a shot. Your portfolio wasn't bad by any means, don't get me wrong. You may know how picky CCS is about their car designers. They also are now breaking up the courses into two different curriculum: "transportation" design, and "car" design. students who don't get accepted into car design can still participate in the transportation design program (boats, jets, motorcycles, etc), so you've got that to fall back on, unless you're dead set on car design. Your digital sketches are decent, but remember that things like photoshop are just tools. The instructors at CCS would rather see great manual sketches, than a digital sketch that lacks contrast and correct perspective. I can see you have a great thought process, though. so definetly keep at it! as you may know, great sketching skills come with time. it's all about mileage. the more you draw, the better your sketches, line quality, and page layouts will be. Good Luck!!!

Matt

p.s.-check out this book-every designer should have it (if you don't already)

www.designsketching.com

Guest zarniko
Here is my current 2011 portfolio....its been a while since i was here. anyways pls give me comments n opinions.thx

www.zarniko.com

Here is my current 2011 portfolio....its been a while since i was here. anyways pls give me comments n opinions.thx

www.zarniko.com