Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DAO

Marker sketch

Guest «AD»

Hi DAO, nice works there, but I think the admins will be happier, if you wouldn't start a new thread everytime you upload a pic ;)B)

I'm not the one to give critiques here, but maybe you should try and reduce that "star" effect to show the sun's reflection on the car...or maybe try to do it another way, right now it looks a bit strange

But lol, if you leave it the way it is, it's still a wonderful rendering...B)

Nice sketches for sure! Only thing bothering me would be the front wheels, I think it is important to make sure that they are the same height and width if viewed from roughly the distance and perspective. Right now I get the feeling your right wheel is bigger in diameter and also thinner.

Oh and about posting sketches in the same thread, I think it is better to have your sketches with the same subject (dirt racers) in the same thread, so you can show them all in 1 go to the viewers, and we can also see progress a lot easier.

Here, I went ahead and moved your previous sketch over to this thread :)

post-23-1094900820.jpg

Guest DAO

Good Eye Renzsu.

It was quite common during the era of these dirt cars to run wider right fronts then lefts in addition to the wider and taller right rears. As well the degree of caster in the front suspension would reult in the left front tire actually being forward of the right front when counter steering as shown which of course looks odd at first.

Now, all that said, I had no intention of trying to capture those subtleties in a 30 minute marker sketch. So what you are seeing is merely a marker that got away from me so I had to widen up the tire a bit to make it look round again LOL! Better a little too wide than a tire that looks oblonged. :)

Most importantly, these sketches are nothing more than a little afternoon fun last November.

So... here's another

Thanks

post-23-1094921079.jpg