Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest charliz

Who Designed This Chair?

Guest charliz

i was wondering who made the design of this chair and what kind of materials where used.

anybody?

6dfrac49nd.jpg

Guest Marra

She's Rachel from S Club 7 and although she cant sing for @#$@#$ she can stay over at my place any night!

Dont know about the chair though, haha.

Guest GYOKO

it cannot be concrete.. it will be too heavy. and it will scratch the floor surfaces.

it might be some sort of textile..like carpet ?!? but somehow impregnated..thats a wild guess.

it doesnt looks like plastic foam...hmm.... particle board, moulded? coated and spray painted?? it's tricky this one..

anyhow, its probably new model.. I had wide range of catalogues for 2003 and 2004 and I havent seen it... the designer is probably some student..or just graduate... ;)))) it kinda reminds me of a students project.

Guest Aphasia

Don't be too hasty to rule out concrete.

Just because it's too heavy doesnt mean someone won't make it. And besides there are different grades of concrete. Different pourosities (sp?), thicknesses, weights and dimensions.

It could also be reinforced with steel wires, steel sheeting or something similar. You can see a slight deformation of the rounded edges when it comes to the corners (especially the underside). Although im not sure what that suggests.

You can also buy sheeted concrete coated plasterboard.

It's very tempting to try it out, and see if the chair can be completed in concrete.

I found a very interesting table made from concrete - http://www.vsis.co.uk/index.html (see attached)

Guest goochipoop

The design is soso but what makes the product attractive. You guessed it, its the babe staring back at you. =P Sex sells too, besides the design. I would buy that chair any day. =X

Guest P3NGU1N

my friend say's he think's it's fiber glass. something like that would probably be made out of some kind of flexible material. making it out of concrete just doesnt seem like a good idea. =\ as you can see the table there, as nice as it is, doesnt have any complex curves. Hope this little helps

This is interesting though cuz now I wanna know what it's made out of. =D

Guest Aphasia

It could be re-constituted granite.

98% granite and 2% resin.

Or even some other material combined with resin?

Im not sure of the size, but i found this which is concrete

haha...for all u know it could be bended plywood spray painted in grey.

@#$@#$ she is hot. even for an asian. i like her. haha

"even for an asian"....????

maybe we should stick to figuring out the material and construction method guys.

I tend to agree with it being made of wood specifically -wood laminates glued together. Concrete seems to be and unwieldy material for mobile furniture. Faux painting can give a convincing concrete look.