Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Sketch Challenge 04: Sneakers

Guest dygitalvision

thanks AD,

keep your day job. dont be a lawyer. I spend hours workn and sketching, even outside of work. If design is what you love it should be in every part of your life. I think in your drawing its a great concept, but take it to another level. show me it in different angles and if your computer skills are strong them try it tht way. I like to make a simple outline of my drawings, i have done this method for a long time so it is just as simple to me as writing a letter, if you practice and work hard enough on something it wont be an issue anymore. never be satisfied with your work, and work and work..good things will happen.

I will post more stuff soon, been going through my old stuff, you guys might like to see.

Guest «AD»

LoL, I'm never satisfied with my work, cos there's always things that bother me, I mean I'm more or less drawing since I'm 3, and it's kinda annoying when there's those days where I just can't get a straight line on the paper...

But then again, there are those days, when I draw sketches like the ones I updated my sketch-thread with...

And then, there's a day like today, where one strange idea is exploited, and maybe I can get retrokitsch to post his ideas...lol, still, this is not really a design thing, more of a...crazy thought of a "just past puberty guy" like me :D

Guest dygitalvision

If you dont mind me asking..what is your position in design, what do you do? you dont have to answer, I know peeps like there privacy

Guest «AD»

hrhr, take a looksie:

click

and I have no position in design, I'm...actually not even a student, I'm finished with school, and I plan on studying ID at Graz's Joanneum...

But before that, I'm off to the army ( 8 months, obligatory), starting Oct, 4th 2004

I like all the work that is shown. very conceptual, and I like how each person has taken a different approach to it. I feel like in some there needs to be more focus on materials and textures. especially in rendering.

Ah yes materials.. I think for some products that's easier than for others.. I feel that for things like shoes and cars it's often pretty easy to guess the materials that are used so in your first initial sketches, like the ones we show in these sketch sessions, we can sometimes focus a bit on the shapes first without worrying about materials, which can be a bit of a limiting factor on creativity in these early stages.

Guest dygitalvision

agreed. I am a shoe designer and I deal with production, so i guess i always have the materials on my mind, and there are thousands and thousands of different types of materials, it can be difficult to see that in some of sketches, but as you said early sketching its teh form and shapes that are important, I am maybe just jumping the gun.

Guest Random Designer

Wow. I finally managed to round up my Magic Markers. Cripes. I'm really quite bad at this! I may just stick to sketching for a while...

shoes2.jpg

Don't be hard on yourself, this is not bad at all, what hurts it though is probably those sloppy markerlines on the outside of your shoes. I would try to photoshop those out and make a nice background area that goes partly behind your shoes to kick them off the paper. Perhaps a bit more dark marker to show the core shadow of your shoe, but that's it probably.

Oh, I like that one with the laces on the side!

Guest Random Designer

I tried the gradient thing, but I just discovered I was working on the wrong pad (not marker paper). D'oh! The ink just kept sinking in.

Thanks guys. I'll fire up photoshop after I've had some kip.

Guest Zampik

just one idea of simply shoe...shapes

I thing this sessions are good, everyone can try if they have skills sketch different things..heheh

quick sketch :D

post-23-1095968392.jpg

Guest prasanna

hello guys

its my first reply to this forum

pl do give me feed back on my doodles

regards

prasanna

post-1042-1170497552.jpg

Guest Lez

anyone know what/when the next sketch session is? i wouldnt mind having a go, could help me improve my drawings

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.