Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Sketch Challenge 04: Sneakers

Guest «AD»

here ya go:

sneaker1.jpg

there's gonna be a cleaner version of this one, too..other POV's, etc...just getting the first idea put on paper :D

Guest «AD»

lookin good, both of you!

@mono: you might want to adjust brightness, contrast and intensity, might give your shoe a little more...impact :D other than that: nice and clean, modern...futuristic...;)

@dream: nice work, again! kool colors

cool stuff guys,

DreaM, you must have a lot of patience to do these drawings with a mouse :D

I'm not sure if I would leave the shoelaces transparant though.. since you rendered out the rest it might be better to show the laces as well?

Mono, clean shape, but I wonder how will you do that square nose in 3d?

AD, cool idea with those white bands running across the shoe.. you know Nike Air Huarache? It's a really old model but it was one of the first shoes to have a soft 'sock' with some hard open elements around it for support. I think that's why I was reminded of that shoe..

huarache.jpg

Guest mono_transistor

Thanks.

AD: you are right. I have seen that about the contrast in my draw.

renzsu: Thats a good question.mmmmm, I'll sketch it. Let's see what happen. Oh, nice avatar :D

AD > i think ur rendering is too flat. try to make gradients to define the rounded shape of the shoe at the front and at the back

mono > add more contrast for impact (the gradient at the back is too weak)

dream > great rendering skills, nice leather texture, well done again

Guest DreaM

mono i liked the feeling of your shoe... it has an identitiy that is very clear, so could be a good project to develop...and also that nose , i hope it turns out to be real ? try the perspective i wanna see how you will solve that....

:D

Guest «AD»
AD > i think ur rendering is too flat. try to make gradients to define the rounded shape of the shoe at the front and at the back

thanks, will do!

Guest retrokitsch

Hello!

All your designs are very good, in the shape (agressivity, velocity...), in the texture (futurist..)

But! :

I dont like this kind of product because, people who sold this shoes, which are very expensive, doesnt make any sport with! They walk, for showing (very proudly) they have the "last fashion" shoes, or the shoes of a famous sport player: and I hate that!!!! The first goal of sneakers is not for "running fast"???

I designed red and white shoes (the color couple I prefer) with progressive size circles on the side. The shoes are weared directly by the consumer, for make the identification. lol.

Sorry for my mistakes in english.

sneakers.jpg

Guest Random Designer
I dont like this kind of product because, people who sold this shoes, which are very expensive, doesnt make any sport with! They walk, for showing (very proudly) they have the "last fashion" shoes, or the shoes of a famous sport player: and I hate that!!!! The first goal of sneakers is not for "running fast"???

Yes, but trainers / sneakers have evolved over the years into two categories: Fashionable ones, and functional ones, and we haven't invented a new word for the other kind yet (yes, OK, so some are both, but let's keep it simple...). They (above) aren't really sports shoes, they are fashion accessories.

If you want sports shoes, buy some sports shoes.

I think the difference here is 'sporty [shoe]', which is a quality that a product has [emotional - feels powerful, fast -, associative - looks powerful, fast, looks a bit like a real sports shoe], as opposed to 'sports [shoe]', which is a description of the intended function of a product [shoe].

I intend to do something completely different. Unfortunately, I am at work right now, so I will do it later. With my trusty trackball...

Guest «AD»

Hi there!

Looks great afaics, one thing though...

Might be on purpose, just in case it isn't...

my foot isn't square....at least not yet.

Yes, there are shoes that have this kind of "front", but it's not usual for sneakers...

get my point? I don't wanna trash your work, I just wanna know if this "not so ergonomical" design was made on purpose or if it was just convenience :rolleyes:

Guest retrokitsch

Random designer: Thanks for the explanation, I know that's for fashion and not for training, but this is for "make like" powerfull... as you said, that makes a big contradiction on some people...lol

mono transistor: nice model in rhino! the shape is ultra original, I dont know how it works but that's not bad, may be the front is too square.

dreaM:excellent renders!!!

I made a serious sketch!

I explain: That's not for make sport. I choose an existing model on internet, from asics, and I made, with the same "main lines" a different shoe (for a minimum cost at building).

I know the golden effect is very kitsch on the blue, but I think in some countries that's soldable! lol There is a thing over the "knots" to hide it, and make a more simple shape.

kitsch_asics.jpg

Guest mono_transistor

AD and Retrokitsch. you are totally right about the square shape in the nose of the sneaker.

But i wanted to try something different.

Anyway, I like all the critics about my job. The feedback is very important. And I consider every one.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.