Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Sketch Challenge 04: Sneakers

Hey, notice the clever joke with last weeks thread name? I am so funny.. :rolleyes:

Anyways, this week, lets design a cool sneaker... lets keep it simple, they are sketches after all (more a note to myself than to you guys ;) ).

They can't be for a known brand btw, to make it more interesting (so you can't just slap on a big Nike swirl or Adidas stripes).

Let's see what we get!

Guest «AD»

you're funny :rolleyes:

lol

erm..haven't done anything for 2 days now, feel kinda lost...

sneakers, eh?

following the current trend, my sneakers will be marker-rendered gold. ;)

at least rendering shoes is not as strange as rendering cars...

ah, and btw:

nice sneakers, I love that simplicity- and I hate those old sneakers that seemed so...busy, with thousands of patches and stuff.

Guest fabsman

Well done renzsu, i also like this simplicity of your shoes.

I like that thin an thick lines you use in your sketches, they're really important and they give the sketch a depht and a 3d effect.

ok, here's my shoe collection, btw, i did it 4 or 5 months ago, i hope to design a new one, ... if there is enough time

HH collection: Helly Hansen

Please let me know what's wrong with the perspective, design, etc. and also comment the super boardshort and shirt, THX

Guest toranaga

here is Nike Air Presto i ve drawn years ago... Renzsu, i know it s NIKE and it s the most popular brand in sneakers and the design of course doesnt belong to myself ;) but i thought it ll be nice to show this pencil drawing and wish it inspires...

:rolleyes:

post-23-1094478737.jpg

Nice 'sketch', I think the sole of the bottom shoe has some pretty big perspective problems, the top shoe looks a lot better.. I like the bit where the shoelaces are attached, nicely rendered. If I were to put it in a portfolio as a rendering example, I would simply lasso out the bottom shoe.

Guest toranaga

haha, thats so funny... to be honest, i also agree with u that there s a problem with the bottom one, probably because of the natural appereance of that particular shoe. those two renderings(top and bottom) were done at different times and embedded into the same file in PS afterwards.

image has been edited. i decided to put just the top rendering!!! (as also Renzsu recommends)...

:rolleyes:

nice sketch by the way Renzsu. just trying to figure out what "R" stands for? ;)

renzsu > great topic, i finally have the motivation to try drawing shoes

fabsman > saw ur shoe project, nice presentation poster

toranaga > i admire ur patience for rendering this fantastic illustration

here are my 3 sketches done in painter, played with lines to find interesting graphics

9_shoes.jpg

nice nice, I gotta do more of these..

waikit, I think they could be a little wider at the area where you have your small toe, and bend inwards at the inside and middle of the feet (don't know the english word for this area of the foot). If you clearly indicate this it will also be easier to see which side of the shoe you are looking at (since they are obviously not symmetrical).

Guest DreaM

well, guys i normally use traditional sketching stuff...and this is the first time i tried to do sketch on the computer...

so tell me, am i on the right track ?

that's photoshop work for 1-2 hours ,without tablet....

(i don't know if i have the energy for the perspective ? )

:D

post-23-1094513605.jpg

Guest Random Designer

Hehehe. 'Tis really good. I take it you used a traditional mouse? It's amazing what you can do with Photoshop mask tools!

Can't wait to see the perspective, dude. :D

Nice rendering thechniques, I wouldn't have the patience to even open up photoshop if I didn't have the tablet here..

About the shape of the shoe, it looks a bit like a soccer shoe, I would expect the profile from the nose to follow a bit more an s-curve?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.